CHAPTER 21

' let's do it . Do or die ' y/n thought to herself.

Cheong-san nodded to su-hyeok as a signal to do it , making his way over the barricade. Once he was over, Su-hyeok opened the door and ran for the barricade. He got over it in time, covering the gap with a shelf.

Joon-yeong hit play on the video, making more zombies come into the room, being driven by the multiple sounds.

Everyone started holding onto parts of the barricade as more and more zombies came into the room, making the barricade begin to wobble.

On-jo ran to the covered windows, noticing that some zombies were taking longer than others to enter the room.

She faced Dae-su, "Dae-su, make
some noise!"

Dae-su screamed at the top of his
lungs. More zombies ran in.

On-jo grabbed a cymbal and a stick, banging the stick against the cymbal to make more noise. Y/n moved over to an African drum and started banging her hands against the drum. Ji-min grabbed a drum. Hyo-ryung grabbed a larger cymbal and a stick. The girls all started banging the sticks on the instruments, hitting their hands on the drums and making more noise.

Wu-jin moved over to the window, watching the zombies as they ran for the other door.

"We can't go yet!" Wu-jin shouted
over all the noise. "Hang on!" The door at the other end of the room broke down, letting more
zombies into the room than before.

Y/n stopped hitting the drum and ran over to where she could see a part of the barricade beginning to break. She pressed her back against it, trying to keep the area in place.

She exchanged a glance with Su-hyeok, who was holding onto another section of the barricade. Su-hyeok then ran over to her, knocking back a zombie that would've landed on top of the girl.

"It's going to fall!" Hyo-ryung called over to Wu-jin.

"How much longer?" Dae-su shouted. "When can we fucking
go?"

"A little more," Wu-jin admitted,
growing worried. "Hang on!"

It felt like the world was going in slow motion the longer that y/n and her friends were trying to keep the zombies back.

Then, as quickly as it began, it suddenly ended. "It's clear!" Wu-jin announced. "We have to go now!"

Hyo-ryung, Ji-min and Joon-yeong were the first to leave. Wu-jin grabbed a music stand from nearby and followed. Nam-ra and On-jo went next, with y/n close behind, holding a music stand as well. Su-hyeok, Cheong-san and Dae-su were the last to leave, shutting the door behind them.

Everyone ran. They went up the stairs, with Cheong-san and Su-hyeok behind to make sure no one got left.

They kept running, desperate to get to the roof.

Su-hyeok tripped over the top of the stairs, making him hit the floor. Y/n ran over to him, holding out a hand. Su-hyeok took it quickly and the two ran to catch up with the others, their hands still holding.

They finally made it to the top of the stairs, where the door to the
roof was. But there was a problem.

"It's locked!" Cheong-san said, who was trying to open the doors.

"What? Move!" Dae-su started throwing his whole body at the door, hoping that this time, the door would open.

Cheong-san tried the code, but he didn't know what it was.

Joon-yeong tried to see if anyone was already on the roof. "Is anyone there? Anyone? Open the door!"

Dae-su and Wu-jin tried opening the door together, throwing their bodies at the door.