CHAPTER 16

"Y/n" Cheong-san called out. He grabbed y/n's hand and pulled her away from the library, which made her snap out of her trance.

Cheong-san ran over to a firehatch nearby, making y/n go inside first. He climbed in afterwards as y/n started to climb the poles that were inside. "Y/n sweety, let's stop here," Cheong-san said after a little while.

He pulled out the phone he had, but sighed when he realised it was dead.

"Here," y/n said, handing him the
phone she'd taken. "I thought I'd take a spare, just in case." "Thanks," Cheong-san smiled,
taking the phone from y/n.

Cheong-san immediately pressed Emergency Call. Y/n waited patiently for Cheong-san to talk to the dispatcher, but when Cheong-san pulled the phone away in confusion, y/n knew something was wrong.

"Why isn't it working?" Cheong-san asked.

"Maybe we aren't getting any service?" Y/n suggested, holding her hand out. "Pass it to me. I'll go higher."

Cheong-san handed the phone to y/n, who climbed further up the hatch. She tried Emergency Call again, but it still didn't connect.

"It's still not working," y/n called down to Cheong-san. That's when y/n realised what was going on. "No way ... These Son of a bitch!"

"What?" Cheong-san asked. "What is it?"

"We can't connect because they've cut off the services," y/n sighed, irritated. "Which means we can't go on the Internet anymore."

Cheong-san let out a scream of annoyance, kicking the wall near him. Y/n felt tears of frustration fall down her face before she furiously wiped them away.

They were back at square one again. Only this time, it was just them.

After they'd both calmed down a little, Cheong-san and y/n continued climbing up the two poles, trying to find another opening that they could leave through.

The place that Cheong-san and y/n were hiding was definitely not the safest place. Sure, there weren't any zombies, but a fall from this height would leave you with some nasty injuries.

"I found another one," y/n said,
using the phone's torch.

"Can we open it?" Cheong-san asked, who was below her.

Y/n quickly read what was in the door and let out a sigh, "No. It doesn't open from the inside."

"Damn it," Cheong-san muttered.

"Is there another one further up?"

Y/n looked up, but only saw the tunnel going into darkness.

"I don't know," y/n admitted.

"Okay," Cheong-san nodded. "We're gonna need to kick the door open."

"What?" Y/n asked, wondering if she'd imagined Cheong-san saying that.

"We need to kick it open" Cheong-san explained. "Then we run like hell until we find a safe room."

Y/n, knowing they didn't have any other ideas, nodded. She climbed a little further up so that Cheong-san could reach the door.

Once he was there, he began to kick. Each kick let out a loud bang, the first few making y/n jump slightly.

Y/n prepared herself, knowing she'd need to climb down and out of the hatch very quickly in order to avoid getting bitten.

But with each kick, Cheong-san grew more and more frustrated. The memories of his friends and specially y/n .....just days before, all laughing and smiling while eating chicken. He loves her with his whole heart . He looked at her.

' I need to live just for you. You are my only hope. I need to live just to love you and hold you in my arms . I need to live just to look at your smile. I need to live just to look you happy. I will fight to anyone just for you y/n. I-I can't live without you and your smile. I need to . ' He thought to himself.

Finally, the door kicked open. Cheong-san jumped out quickly, helping y/n climb out. They began to run, side by side, both having no idea where they were even running to.

The pair dodged each zombie that ran their way. Y/n looked through each classroom window, trying to find a room that was empty.

"Cheong-san!" Y/n shouted to the boy, who was ahead of her. She pointed at a classroom. "In here! It's empty!"

Cheong-san immediately ran towards it as y/n kicked back a zombie. It crashed into other zombies there, sending them all onto the floor. As soon as Cheong-san was inside, y/n shut the door and pushed a few desks in front of it to barricade the door.

Once she was done, y/n leaned against the wall, panting heavily from all the running and climbing.

"Sweety, are you okay?" Cheong-san asked while hugging her so tightly like his life depends on this hug.

"No, I'm not," y/n admitted. "I've never lost hope this much before, even when we got separated from everyone."

"They'll find us," Cheong-san reassured. "They'll find us and they'll help us get back to them."

"They probably think we're dead or become those things!" Y/n's breathing was becoming hitched again. Cheong-san hugged her more tightly and started rubbing her back. He kissed her forehead and pulled away. He looked into her eyes.

"No, they don't," Cheong-san replied, trying to convince the girl.

"How do you know?" Y/n asked, panicked tears falling down her cheeks. "It's not like they're here to say that! What are they going to do anyw-"

Cheong-san softly put his hand on y/n's mouth, muffling her words. For a moment, y/n was ready to stomp on the boy's foot and shout at him for silencing her, but then she saw why he'd stopped her from talking.

Behind an upturned piano, something was moving about.

Y/n slowly removed Cheong-san's hand from her mouth, staying quiet. Cheong-san didn't react, knowing y/n could clearly see what he could. Cheong-san pulled her behind his back for her safety.

Y/n slowly bent down and grabbed a chair, wincing slightly as a small noise came from moving the chair. She started to slowly move towards the desk, preparing herself for the worst.

God, what I'd give to have everyone here with me right now....

Y/n prepared herself, lifted the chair... and then stopped herself.

There was a zombie, but it was being held to the floor by the piano laying on top of it. The hand of the zombie was landing on a camera, which held a recording of the school choir.

Y/n let out a small sigh of relief, setting the chair down on the ground as Cheong-san carefully moved the camera away from the zombie.

"So what do we do now?" Y/n asked.

Cheong-san shook his head, "I don't know."

"We're on the third floor," y/n noted. "So we're above the others.
Maybe we could climb to them?"

"Let's rest for a bit, first," Cheong-san offered. "We've been running all over the school for hours now , sweety. You need rest. "

"You don't know that it's been
hours," y/n replied.

"Feels like it," Cheong-san admitted. Y/n nodded, "Yeah, it does."

Then , he stepped towards y/n and hugged her.

--------------------------