CHAPTER 26

The soldier backed away, his gun still pointing at the students.

Y/n felt tears beginning to fall. Were they really going to just leave them here?

"I'm sorry," the soldier said. He was then lifted into the helicopter, which flew away afterwards.

Y/n was feeling so many emotions at once. Anger. Sadness. Fear. But slowly and surely, the anger grew stronger.

"They abandoned us, right?" Hyo-ryung began to cry. "No one will come to save us now, right?"

"Why did they do that?" Joon-yeong asked.

"Maybe they fucking thought we were zombies," Wu-jin realised.

"Then they would've killed us," Joon-yeong denied. "They wouldn't have left without killing us."

Cheong-san pulled away from y/n , twalked over and kicked the fire, stomping it out. Y/n ran over.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"It's useless," Cheong-san replied. "No one's coming for us. I wanted you to be safe but they didn't even take you. "

" Cheong san. It's okay. We will survive. If have survived this far. And we will go HOME. " Y/n said , while hugging him and patting his back. He needed a hug . He was crying. Y/n could feel her uniform getting wet from his tears. But she. Didn't care about the uniform . All she now care about her friends. Cheong san said , he needed some time . So , y/n understood.

Y/n walked away , stopping beside some pieces of wood. There, she picked one up and threw it against the wall, letting her anger out.

She then collapsed onto her knees as her anger turned into sorrow. She felt someone place her head against his chest, rubbing her shoulders. Y/n knew it was Su-hyeok and began crying into his blazer.

"Just let it out," Su-hyeok encouraged. "It's just me and you."

Y/n continued to cry, her hands clinging onto Su-hyeok, who didn't move. Y/n needed him right now.

Nam-ra collapsed against the wall, holding her ears as the thunder rumbled.

"What's wrong?" Y/n asked.

"It hurts," Nam-ra whimpered. "My ears hurt so much."

Y/n thought quickly and grabbed one of the blankets. She ripped off two of the edges, rolling them up into tiny pieces.

"Here, like your earphones," y/n offered them to her best friend.

Nam-ra took them, thankful.

"It's raining!" Dae-su suddenly shouted. "It's fucking raining!"

Everyone began to smile and open their mouths, drinking as much of the rain as they could. It was their only water supply, so they were taking it.

But what was once a delightful and happy moment slowly turned into sorrow. Everyone began to cry at the realisation that they were never going to be saved.

They were on their own.

Y/n opened the door and ran in, grabbing the tarp from earlier and quickly trying to pull it out. Su-hyeok helped her so they could get it out quickly.

"Tie it to the handle there," y/n pointed to a handle on the side of the tanks.

Once it was tied up, everyone walked over, taking shelter from the rain. There, Cheong-san and Joon-yeong explained their plan to use the rain and thunder to move about.

"If we go over the mountains, we can make it to Yangdong," On-jo said. "I went hiking there a few times with my dad."

"Don't you think it's too crazy to try?" Wu-jin voiced his opinion.