CHAPTER 31

Y/n didn't know when she fell asleep or how long she'd been asleep, but she woke up to the sound of something crunching.

Looking over, she saw Nam-ra biting down on her wrist.

Y/n quickly and quietly moved a little ,careful not to wake anyone. She gently set Su-hyeok against the wall, who had still been sleeping against her shoulder.

She leaned over, spotting a bite mark on Nam-ra's wrist. Y/n gently hugged her friend from behind as Nam-ra began to cry.

"It's okay," y/n whispered. "If it happens again, bite me. Not yourself."

"It's not okay," Nam-ra whimpered, shaking her head.

"It is," Y/n replied.
"We're gonna get through this together, okay? I promise."

Just then, Ha-ri and Mi-jin came back. Y/n gently covered the bite mark on Nam-ra's wrists with her hand as Nam-ra wiped away the blood on her mouth. Once they had walked past them, y/n turned to Su-hyeok, gently waking him.

After explaining to him what had happened, he torn a part from his shirt. Y/n used it to cover up Nam-ra's left eye, which was bloodshot and looked quite nasty. She never heard what the others were saying, but from the tones in their voices, it wasn't good news.

"There's a door on the first floor that leads to the mountain," Ha-ri said. "I think we have to go that way."

"But it's full of zombies in there." Dae-su replied.

"Can't we reach the roof if we climb that and the windows?" Cheong-san offered, pointing at the scaffolding above them. "If someone goes to the roof and screams, the zombies will follow. Then it'll empty out and the rest can escape."

"I think that will work," Su-hyeok nodded.

"No," Y/n replied.

"If that's the only way-"

"I said no," Y/n snapped. "Please, let's not let anyone else sacrifice themselves."

"I'm against it too," Hyo-ryung nodded. "We agreed to survive together."

"Me too." Dae-su said. "I feel the
same."

"So do I," Wu-jin admitted.

"Then let's wait for a while," Mi-jin. nodded.

"And then what?" Ha-ri asked. "Do you have a plan?"

"It might rain again, and then.
they'll hear less," Mi-jin replied.

"Who knows when it'll rain?" Ha-ri asked.

"My knees are aching. I think it'll rain again," Mi-jin hummed.

"Look at the sky."

Everyone looked up, seeing a bright blue sky and a few white clouds.

"It's way too clear." Dae-su sighed. Mi-jin nodded, realising that Dae-su was right.

"Do you hear that?" Nam-ra asked, looking over to the left.

"Hear what?" Y/n asked.

"They're telling us to take cover,"
Nam-ra answered.

"Who is?" Wu-jin asked.

"The military." Nam-ra said. "There'll be explosions. We need to take cover."

"Explosions?" Hyo-ryung was getting scared. "What explosions?"

"Are they saying where they'll be?" Y/n asked.

Nam-ra went silent, listening.

"Hyosan Intersection, Future
College... and our school will be blown up," Nam-ra answered.