CHAPTER 30

Everyone filed out of the auditorium, with Cheong-san leaving last and shutting the door.

Y/n sat on the grassy floor beside Su-hyeok as So-ju was checking over his daughter.

"You okay?" Su-hyeok asked.

"You really need to stop asking that," y/n replied, but she was smiling. "I'm okay. I just wanna get out of here."

"Are you okay?" So-ju asked Y/n. "Are you hurt?"

" I'm okay uncle. Thank you for saving us. " Y/n said , to which he nodded.

"What took you so long?" On-jo asked. "I kept waiting for you."

So-ju smiled slightly before facing the rest of the students.

"Are you kids all alright?" he asked.

Everyone nodded or mumbled yes. Dae-su was looking at the ground, but he nodded too. Y/n closed her eyes for a moment, the image of Joon-yeong being attacked by those zombies wouldn't leave her head.

"Can you all run?" So-ju asked the kids.

They all nodded again.

"If we go through the tennis court and the construction site, you'll reach the mountain," So-ju explained to them, pointing in the direction. "Go over the mountain and get to Yangdong-"

"Mr Nam!" Cheong-san gasped, pointing towards a zombie that was heading their way.

So-ju ran towards it, throwing it on the ground and breaking one of its legs so it couldn't run.

"Kids, run!" So-ju said.

"Shit!" Mi-jin sighed.

Everyone began to make their way up the small hill that led to the tennis court. Y/n's hand was holding onto Su-hyeok's as they ran. Neither were planning to let go.

Everyone filed into the tennis court. Ha-ri stopped to fire an arrow at an oncoming zombie, but then another one came out of nowhere and crashed into her, sending them both to the ground. So-ju quickly grabbed the zombie and pulled Ha-ri inside, shutting and locking the gate before any of the zombies could get inside.

The group began to run across the tennis court, when they stopped. The zombies had surrounded them, covering the entirety of the fence that surrounded the tennis court.

No one had any idea on what to do.

Y/n's grip on the bat in her hand tightened, especially when the gate broke open, letting the zombies in.

Cheong-san, Su-hyeok and y/n went forwards, attacking the zombies that got too close. Mi-jin would finish them off with the sharp staff in her hand.

So-ju then pulled something out of his rucksack. He lit a flare and threw it as far as he could. The zombies ran towards it, including the ones that were by the other gate.

The group got to the gate, quickly opening it and going through. As y/m reached the gate, she turned back to find Su-hyeok and Cheong-san holding On-jo back as her dad started running away from the gate, blowing a whistle loudly.

"Dad!" On-jo cried out as So-ju ran away from them. "Dad!"

"On-jo, come on!" Y/n said, running forwards and trying to pull her friend towards the gate. "On-jo, we've gotta go!"

"Get out! Go now!" So-ju shouted as he ran towards them. "Go!"

Y/n finally managed to get On-jo towards the gate as So-ju started making his way towards them.

A zombie attacked him, making them both fall onto the ground. So-ju pushed the zombie off him as Cheong-san and Su-hyeok ran over, helping him up.

"Go! Get out!" So-ju said, getting the two through the gate before he shut it, keeping him trapped in the tennis court.