Chapter 3 Amira

The lights had gone out and the music had stopped, it took a moment for Amira to get her bearings, which she managed to do just before panic broke out. She heard Micheal shout her name and felt a hand grab hold of hers.
"Micheal is that you?" She asked as she was being pulled through the crowd. No answer came, but her question became moot when he turned on his phone, the glare of his screen illuminated his face as he held it up in front of him to light the way.
She had no idea where he was going but his meaningful strides gave her hope that he did. Putting her faith in her friend, she followed blindly.
More screaming had ignited behind them, and she made out shouts of "it's them" and "it's the army guys".
It was only then that she really started to panic.
As Micheal continued to force their way through the crowd she was becoming disorientated with the screams and the flashes of cellphones, as the other breeds, much like her and Micheal, tried to escape the scene.
As they moved she was shoved from side to side. Breeds that should be writhing on the dance floor were now writhing in frightened turmoil.
She heard a hiss and smelt a strange smell. Her panic increased. But panic wasn't the only thing she was feeling as she began to stumble and loose her sense of direction.  Which way was up and which way was down? Her head span. She felt weak and her legs felt like jelly. She felt Michael's hand slipping from her grasp as she lost all control of her legs and fell, the solid ground hitting her face. She felt pain shooting through her cheek and then nothing.