Chapter 1

Chapter One

"I beg you."

Ning Jiao felt like her entire brain was throbbing.

She was practically trembling as she leaned against the edge of the bathtub, her legs too weak to stand.

The young man sitting in the bathtub was completely soaked in cold water.

His features were striking, but at this moment, he looked pale, almost like a water ghost. His white shirt had turned semi-transparent from the cold water.

There was an untimely scent of pomegranate lingering in the air.

The sweet and cloying scent was like a fishing line slowly tugging at Ning Jiao's heart.

"I beg you, dissolve our engagement agreement."

The man stared at Ning Jiao on the other side, but his eyes seemed unfocused, as if he was repeating the words mechanically.

Ning Jiao was utterly flustered. She slowly raised her head and cautiously said, "Mr. Zhao, there might be a misunderstanding between us..."

Everything had to start from this morning.

...

"No, seriously, where did you dig up this cliché from? Which century's novel are you from?"

Ning Jiao almost burst into laughter.

She slammed the document she was holding onto the table with disbelief written all over her face.

"It's the 37th century! How can there still be forced engagements with a hundred percent compatibility like this?"

The secretary standing in front of her was so startled by the loud noise that her whole body trembled.

The former is a newcomer that Ning Jiao hired just last month. He's only graduated for a year, has minimal internship experience, and holds an average undergraduate degree. His ability to handle unexpected situations is far from impressive, but...

He is very good-looking.

Ning Jiao looked at the young man's long, curly eyelashes, his eyes that couldn't hide the fear, and his slightly rosy lips. She couldn't help but sigh and say, "I didn't expect you, with those bold brows and big eyes, to not be a good person!"

Yes, that's right, B, full name BETA.

Ever since Ning Jiao underwent her second differentiation into an Alpha at the age of sixteen, she suddenly awakened memories from her past life. It had been six years since then.

From the initial shock to bewildered numbness and then to boundless joy, it had taken Ning Jiao quite some time.

There were two reasons for this.

First, she was a female ALPHA, a unique and dominant gender in this world, surpassing ordinary people in both physical and mental strength.

And the second reason was...

While the secretary was shocked and exclaimed, "Miss, you can't curse like that; I'm not just any B," Ning Jiao suspiciously asked, "Tell me honestly, did my dad deceive me about the law? I did decline quite a few of his arranged meetings, but this shouldn't be happening..."

She let her body fall back into her comfortable boss's chair and softly said, "Has he finally decided to sell his daughter for glory?"

—Ning Jiao was very wealthy, or to be precise, the family she was reborn into was extremely wealthy.