Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Ning Jiao sat nervously in front of Klaus's desk. She looked at the shiny nameplate that read, "Klaus Vidi."

Trying to lighten the mood, she raised her voice slightly, "Well, I didn't know it was you. I just remembered I have something to attend to... How about you charge me for the consultation fee, and we cancel today's appointment?"

She stood up enthusiastically, "Get off work early and have a pleasant evening."

"Ning Miss."

Klaus, wearing gold-rimmed glasses, spoke calmly at this moment, "There's no need to be so reserved just because we've met in different settings."

He smiled and gestured for Ning Jiao to sit back down, "Here, I'm just a doctor. Based on medical ethics and the law, I'll protect the privacy of any patient."

He paused, his eyes lowering slightly, "Or is it... Miss Ning's impression of me in other contexts affecting your trust in me as a doctor?"

With Klaus bringing it up, Ning Jiao had no choice but to sit back down, feeling a bit awkward, "Of course not. I respect everyone's... hobbies."

She maintained her smile and cautiously continued, "You see, I'm not here for myself. I have a friend, and one of his relatives or friends should have passed away recently. But he's been in denial about the fact and insists that the person is still alive."

Ning Jiao was well aware that the Omega in front of her had been Zhao Hezhi's primary doctor for a long time, and he was likely more familiar with Zhao Hezhi's condition than she was.

As a result, she slowed down her speech and observed Klaus's expression as she spoke.

However, to her disappointment, there was no crack in his expression, and he even naturally furrowed his brow, saying:

"Alright, I understand your situation. From your description, it seems that he doesn't just believe the deceased is still alive but that he can interact and communicate normally with them. This phenomenon has been ongoing for a long time, correct?"

Ning Jiao nodded, and Klaus continued in his calm tone, "This kind of phenomenon is quite common shortly after losing a loved one, but when it persists for such a long time, it could be a mild form of schizophrenia. Further analysis might be necessary to determine the specifics."

Ning Jiao couldn't discern anything from Klaus's ever-smiling face. She paused for a few seconds, feeling frustrated, before finally giving in, "You should know who I'm talking about, right?"

Klaus's smile deepened slightly, but it seemed more formulaic, and he remained silent.

After a few seconds, Ning Jiao was growing impatient, and Klaus finally whispered, "Now is not the time."

Ning Jiao: ...?

The thing she hated the most in her life was people who spoke in riddles.

Ning Jiao slowly stood up, bending forward as she spoke calmly and composedly, "Doctor, considering the fortunate encounters we've had before, I didn't want to trouble you too much. Now, I hope you understand that I'm not here as your customer to pry into another patient's privacy. I'm here as his fiancée, requesting that you tell me the truth."

Ning Jiao looked at Klaus's still-smiling face, her voice lowering but her speech speeding up, "Of course, even so, you can choose not to tell me. But as far as I know, this hospital's resource supply should be..."

Before Ning Jiao could finish her sentence, Klaus suddenly raised a hand to stop her from making threats.

Ning Jiao stared at him in astonishment as he checked his smartwatch. She felt ignored for a moment.