Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Compared to the chaotic night they had the last time, when both were almost lost in passion, this time, Ning Jiao made sure her mind was clear.

Although the pomegranate scent of Omega's pheromones almost made her lose control, she still had the suppressor ring firmly on her hand—

In fact, after that unexpected incident, just to be safe, she carried two spares with her whenever she went out.

Now, her hand was unconsciously resting on Zhao Hezhi's neck. Under her fingertips, she felt his pulse, faster and clearer than an average person's, almost making her feel intoxicated.

And then, the next moment, Ning Jiao found that her unconscious action was absolutely right.

The moment she bit down, she didn't taste the rusty taste of blood but a sweet, soft pomegranate flavor. However, Ning Jiao didn't get to enjoy it even for a second as Zhao Hezhi struggled violently.

Half of his body leaned against Ning Jiao, but he was like a fish laid on a cutting board, bouncing back unconsciously. Ning Jiao quickly pressed him down, but his struggles were still painful and desperate.

Ning Jiao was sweating profusely in a hurry, unable to speed up the temporary marking process, and could only do her best to hold him down to prevent him from hurting himself.

Temporary marking only took about two minutes, but these two minutes felt longer than an hour.

Ning Jiao almost used her body to tightly suppress Zhao Hezhi and marked her pheromones in his blood like a plunderer.

After the temporary marking was completed, Ning Jiao's vision darkened, and despite being the one who marked, she had expended some energy. At this moment, she could only barely catch Zhao Hezhi as he went limp.

The confused pomegranate scent in the air finally calmed down, followed by an inexplicable sense of peace that washed over Ning Jiao.

Despite Omega being a size larger than Ning Jiao, she struggled to hold him in her arms when she felt somewhat weak. However, she was extremely careful in maintaining this moment of tranquility.

But soon, she decided to let Omega lie back on the bed.

Reluctantly, Ning Jiao stood up while carefully supporting Zhao Hezhi's head and gently laid him back down.

Unlike her own calmness, Omega's side was filled with unease and nervousness. Although he hadn't regained consciousness yet, his dependence on an Alpha was evident at this moment.

Ning Jiao looked at Zhao Hezhi, who seemed a bit uneasy due to her absence, and couldn't help reaching out to lightly touch his cheek.

And the next moment, Zhao Hezhi unconsciously nuzzled against the back of Ning Jiao's hand.

Ning Jiao: ...

In her childhood, Ning Jiao had once encountered an unforgettable cat.

It was a stray cat, completely white, and every time it ate the food Ning Jiao gave, it did so gracefully and with restraint. Young Ning Jiao gave it the nickname 'Your Majesty.'

'Your Majesty,' despite being an incredibly polite stray cat, maintained a reasonable social distance, even from Ning Jiao, who fed it every day. If Ning Jiao attempted to get closer, 'Your Majesty' would warn with a low growl.

Ning Jiao felt admiration and respect for this cat with character. She obeyed its wishes and stopped trying to get closer.

Then, one day, 'Your Majesty' approached Ning Jiao of its own accord after finishing all the food she provided. It nuzzled her trouser leg a couple of times before leaving.