Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Ning Jiao's mind went blank.

But at that moment, in contrast to her stalled brain, all her senses were heightened to the maximum. The waiter's voice, the sound of water droplets watering the plants, the friction when she touched Zhao He Zhi's clothes, and...

Heartbeats.

One faster, one slower, but gradually, they overlapped, almost deafening in Ning Jiao's ears.

Ning Jiao confirmed that her suppression bracelet was intact on her hand. She gritted her teeth and, under her armpit, supported Zhao He Zhi, making him lean on her shoulder.

She figured this couldn't be comfortable, and she felt as if she had heard a muffled groan from a man, filled with some discomfort.

A hint of a grievance.

Ning Jiao swallowed hard and then took a deep breath. She pulled Zhao He Zhi into a corner, then struggled to keep him from slipping down.

The man's entire body was trembling slightly, and he could hardly control himself as he buried his head in the crook of Ning Jiao's neck.

As an Omega, his instinct made him almost anxiously search for the faint scent of the source.

Ning Jiao pressed her ear to his, feeling her own heartbeat about to jump out of her throat.

She used her smart implant to search for a way out of here, unconsciously pausing for a moment on the StarNet. Then she leaned closer to Zhao He Zhi's ear and spoke rapidly in a low voice.

"You must absolutely control yourself. The Emperor is convening a meeting with media from all over. Although your photo has never been made public, being in the palace now can indirectly reveal your identity. If you show any... I mean, if you lose control in front of them..."

Ning Jiao wanted to use the word 'ugly,' but seeing the almost unfocused gaze in his eyes, she felt a bit sorry for him and just shut her mouth.

And at this moment, the other person's breathing became rapid, and their hot breath swept across her skin, carrying scorching heat.

The girl's mind was in a mess right now. She watched as Zhao He Zhi slowly stopped moving, and her heart leaped with joy.

But at the same time, the intense heat coming from him reminded her of how agonizingly he must be suffering.

Ning Jiao's heart ached, and she extended a free hand, gently stroking his back.

Her movements were so gentle, as if she were handling something fragile, yet Zhao He Zhi's trembling became more pronounced.

Ning Jiao realized something was wrong, her brow furrowing, but unexpectedly, he suddenly turned his head and bit into her neck.

His teeth were sharper than they appeared, and even in his weakened state, Ning Jiao felt the piercing pain as he bit down.

Her immediate reaction was to tightly cover her mouth to prevent herself from screaming.

Initially, Ning Jiao had been barely supporting him, and now, after the sudden sharp pain, a tingling sensation shot up from her tailbone, catching her off guard.

Her legs went weak, and it took several seconds for her to control herself before she couldn't help but shout, "Let go!"

However, much to her surprise, the Omega who she thought had lost all rationality obediently released her grip on her neck upon hearing her voice.

Zhao He Zhi leaned back into the crook of Ning Jiao's neck. Although she couldn't see his expression at this moment, she felt that even his platinum hair seemed disheveled.