Chapter 8

Chapter 8

- Your Majesty, the Queen.

In the Empire, this was almost an adjective.

Her life was a legend:

An Omega from a fallen noble family abandoned by society, who rose to become the Crown Princess by defeating numerous other candidates, and finally earned the title of Your Majesty, the Queen, renowned for her beauty and charm.

Her presence could change fashion trends, and her smile was once hailed as a "gift."

However, in recent years, this Queen, who had always been in the spotlight, was said to be gradually fading from the public eye due to illness. But...

"Miss Ning, I attended your first birthday celebration."

Ning Jiao wished she could dig herself a princess castle with her toes.

Hearing the Queen speak, she picked up her tea cup as if in a dream.

"It's my honor, Your Majesty."

The woman on the other side was dressed elegantly and was now leaning back on the sofa, covering her mouth as she chuckled.

"You're too nervous. Am I someone who would bite? You should be somewhat familiar with me since you know Minyu."

Minyu was the name of the Crown Prince, the Queen's only son.

In recent years, with the Queen gradually fading from public view, the Crown Prince had become more active, and Ning Jiao had dealt with him in business several times.

In Ning Jiao's mind, there quickly flashed something like, "If beauty were a crime, you'd be sentenced to life imprisonment." In the end, she stammered:

"I'm really sorry; I didn't recognize you earlier."

She cautiously continued, "You look even younger and more beautiful in person than in the reports and live broadcasts..."

No lady would refuse a compliment, and the Queen was no exception. She curved her lips and then turned her gaze toward someone next to Ning Jiao.

"Miss Ning, it's been a pleasant conversation, but I came here today to discuss some matters with Hezhi. Could you please excuse us?"

Ning Jiao couldn't have asked for more.

She immediately stood up and glanced at Zhao Hezhi behind her. Hezhi had not spoken since the beginning and seemed to be casually finding a spot in the room to settle.

As Ning Jiao stood up, Zhao Hezhi's gaze instinctively shifted to her.

Ning Jiao licked her lips and saw a fleeting request in his eyes. But the next moment, she saw him retract his gaze, and that request seemed like a figment of her imagination.

She blinked and calmly bid farewell to the Queen. Then, she went upstairs on her own.

The Queen watched the girl ascend the stairs, enter her room, and close the door with a clear and steady sound.

She withdrew her gaze, still wearing her usual smile. She slowly set down her cup.

"It seems like you really like her?" she said.

The golden-haired Marshal remained motionless, sitting on the sofa, with no intention of responding to the question.

The Queen didn't mind and maintained her gentle smile.

"When are you planning to..."

"When will you father an heir for the Empire?"

...