Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Can I buy 'Yao Huang' from you?"

Ning Jiao: "What?"

Half an hour ago, despite increasing her pace, Ning Jiao still couldn't catch up to Zhao He Zhi. They both took separate hovercars back to the mansion.

Surprisingly, as soon as Ning Jiao stepped inside the gate, she found the man waiting for her in the hallway.

Zhao He Zhi's expression was inscrutable, and in response to Ning Jiao's confusion, he patiently explained, "My identity at the Imperial Military Academy is confidential, so I couldn't propose a higher price to secure that mech. However, that mech holds great significance to me."

He paused for a moment, then continued, "I can offer more money. As long as you're willing to transfer that mech to me, what do you say?"

Ning Jiao hesitated for a few seconds, looking at the Omega in the backlight.

When he was in the school auditorium, he was a quiet and composed senior, completely different from the noisy and flamboyant marshal on the battlefield.

But now, standing there, his expression was unreadable, as if burdened with an unspeakable weight. He even appeared somewhat exhausted.

Ning Jiao faintly felt that at this moment, he seemed to be revealing a corner of that burden in her direction.

The young woman fell silent for a moment before speaking softly, "No."

Ning Jiao could clearly sense that at the moment she uttered her refusal, Zhao He Zhi's facial muscles twitched slightly, and he regained that seamless composure he had shed.

Ning Jiao nervously licked her lips and, as he was about to continue speaking with a furrowed brow, she handed him the documents in her hand.

She heard herself speaking with a smile in her voice, "Why do I have so many contracts just like you?"

Zhao He Zhi instinctively looked down following the direction of the girl's hand. The first page of the document clearly had a few prominent words written on it:

'Gift Agreement.'

Ning Jiao watched as he froze in place, feeling a frustrating, inexplicable annoyance rising within her. She reached out and grabbed Zhao He Zhi's hand, forcefully stuffing the contract into his hand. She helplessly said, "Since I said I want to pursue you, then I need to show my sincerity, right?"

She grinned and tilted her head, asking, "This is the first gift I'm giving you, is that okay?"

Zhao He Zhi held onto the contract handed to him by the girl, but at this moment, he broke with his usual pattern of thinking about the mech. He just realized something odd:

Since they'd met, the girl seemed to like talking to him in the form of questions. Like "Can I give you a shot?" "Will you go with me?" "Is that okay?" And of course, "Can I pursue you?"

Clearly, he could sense that in these questions, the girl was approaching him with patience, like she genuinely and ardently wanted something. She was like a continuously shining little sun, standing in front of him, irresistible.

But did she know what kind of person he truly was?

Zhao He Zhi lowered his head, looking at the stack of light, fluttery gift contracts representing thirty million.

Uncharacteristically, he hesitated, almost blankly facing this situation that couldn't be logically explained.

His artificial intelligence started to heat up again, without needing to look, he knew it was Zhao Xian Zhi who had sent a message. But now...