Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Ning Jiao understood that as members of the royal family, even the Crown Prince and the Fourth Prince, when they entered the military academy for their studies, they would use false identities and act like commoners. It was only after graduation that they would reveal their true status in public diplomatic situations.

This was, of course, for security reasons, as the students at the military academy came from various regions of the Empire, including some radical anti-monarchy elements.

Zhao Hezhi was no exception to this rule. However...

Ning Jiao listened with admiration as Fran on the other side spoke enthusiastically, her eyes shining:

"It's the 'Dew Knight'! That senior's name is Yabei. He's diligent and hardworking, rain or shine, he goes for a morning run with the dew every day. Admiring him, his junior gave him that nickname! Of course, he's not just diligent. To this day, none of his records in the simulated mecha courses have been surpassed by later students. He truly embodies 'Mecha and Human Symbiosis' and has become a legend!"

Fran seemed parched after talking so much, and Ning Jiao immediately handed her a bottle of water. As expected, Fran drank half of it in one gulp before continuing:

"He also earned the title of Outstanding Graduate that year. But after graduation, it's said that he was recruited by the Royal Secret Service because it falls under national secrecy. His name isn't even on the school's honor wall, it's such a pity..."

Fran sighed, regretful of the talent that had been lost. Then, as if she remembered something, she lowered her voice mysteriously:

"But do you know the gender of this senior?"

Ning Jiao licked her lips, hesitating, "I don't know..."

Fran dramatically wagged her finger:

"It's an Omega!"

Both being Omegas, Fran proudly puffed out her chest:

"Mecha academies are already dominated by Alphas, so he truly broke through gender discrimination to reach the top!"

Ning Jiao: ... If they only knew that he's actually an Omega, it would be even more astonishing.

She applauded enthusiastically, "Wow, that's amazing!"

Fran cleared her throat and said modestly, "Fate brought us together. I'm going to get the contact information of this senior now..."

Before Ning Jiao could fully process what was happening, she had already pushed Fran, who was about to take action, back onto her chair.

Fran was shocked, "Why are you doing this, Xiao Jiao? You're already engaged, aren't you still..."

She didn't control her voice well, and the surrounding students turned their attention to the two of them. Ning Jiao quickly covered her friend's mouth.

"No, no, you, look, the auction has started!"

Her words hadn't even finished when she felt a probing gaze from the other side. Without the chance to determine if it was Zhao Hezhi's gaze, the venue suddenly darkened.

The auction was hosted by the head of the mecha department of the top-ranked mecha academy, an elderly man with a healthy spirit despite his age. He had just finished a long string of welcoming words and was about to present today's auction items.

Ning Jiao was nearly falling asleep by this point when he finally concluded his speech and began displaying today's auction items.

The first item up for auction was a heavyweight, a comprehensive compendium of all the replicated mecha types in the Empire's military academies. The mecha categories in this book could be traced back a hundred years, and it also contained many messages from the actual pilots.