Chapter 19

Chapter 19

From any perspective, Ning Jiao knew she shouldn't trust this unfounded document, so...

She tossed and turned in bed all night, unable to sleep.

Ning Jiao: Can't sleep :(

When it was barely dawn, Ning Jiao finally snapped out of her thoughts, which had turned into a mush during the night.

During that one night, she repeatedly thought about the times Zhao Xianzhi had been mentioned, and Zhao Hezhi's reactions.

First of all, there was no reason for him to deceive her.

Whether Zhao Xianzhi existed or not, Ning Jiao would never do or not do things just for Zhao Xianzhi.

At the same time, Ning Jiao remembered that after accurately mentioning his name for the first time, Zhao Hezhi had actively arranged for Ning Jiao to meet Zhao Xianzhi.

Such behavior, under the premise that "Zhao Xianzhi is still alive," seemed to be very logical, and Ning Jiao had somewhat looked forward to meeting this young general who was about her age.

—Regarding age, from the document, Zhao Xianzhi did seem to be Zhao Hezhi's twin, but the document indicated that he died at the age of twenty, which was seven years ago.

What startled her even more was Zhao Hezhi's reaction to Zhao Xianzhi.

She finally connected the dots.

Zhao Hezhi's "Don't go" when they first met, the double set of toiletries in the room, Zhao Xianzhi, whom she had never met but seemed familiar with her, and the countless sudden messages from Zhao Xianzhi...

If he faked his death, then Zhao Hezhi didn't need to mention Zhao Xianzhi to Ning Jiao repeatedly at that time. He should have kept his existence a secret. If he really died, Zhao Hezhi mentioning him seemed too casual to be a lie.

If it were a lie, it brought us back to the first question: why would Zhao Hezhi deceive Ning Jiao by saying that his brother is still alive?

Too many contradictions were stabbing at Ning Jiao's brain. She took a deep breath, scrolled down her contacts list, found Ning Rong's number, and sent a message.

Sent to: Ning Rong

Message: 'Can you help me look up someone?'

Without waiting for Ning Rong's reply, she continued:

'He's called Zhao Xianzhi.'

'Zhao Xianzhi, also graduated from the First Military Academy, was in the same year as Zhao Hezhi, but he had a record of skipping grades, so he should have excellent grades.'

The clock had just struck seven o'clock, but Ning Rong responded quickly:

'You sure know how to pick your timing; I was just getting ready to sleep.'

Ning Jiao knew that Ning Rong had a habit of keeping unusual hours, but she didn't argue about it now. She took a deep breath, looked around, and then made a video call.

Ning Rong answered promptly, his braided hair had unraveled, and now his slightly curly hair draped over his shoulders. His face showed signs of impatience, and he had dark circles under his eyes that reached almost to his chin.

"What's so urgent? Who's this?" he asked with an annoyed tone.

Ning Jiao was visibly nervous now. She even began to wonder if the AI in her smart glasses could pick up on her conversation. Her expression was serious.

"I'm really in a hurry. I'll make a deal with you. You tell me later, and as long as I can do it, I'll help you. Just give me what I need as soon as possible."

After Agreeing To Marry The Marshal [Female A Male O] ChatGPTजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें