Chapter 6

Chapter Six

Ning Jiao happened to see the clause he mentioned.

She browsed that sentence without any expression on her face and sighed silently.

Ning Jiao bit her lip subconsciously and said, "Don't trust me so much; let's add a condition. How about 'No accountability for actions other than intentional harm to the other party'?"

Zhao Hezhi blinked and replied, "Alright."

Ning Jiao continued reading, then smiled, "By the way, Mr. Zhao, we're alumni."

Zhao Hezhi looked at the smiling face of the black-haired Alpha and couldn't help but let a small smile creep onto his own lips. "Did you also study law?"

Ning Jiao shook her head calmly, "No, I studied culinary arts."

Although she had lived two lifetimes, her brain hadn't become significantly smarter, and her grades were abysmal. To obtain a decent diploma, her father had gone to great lengths to get her into the Imperial Military Academy.

In the culinary department, she, as an original Blue Star resident, felt right at home and still maintained occasional contact with her teachers and classmates.

Ning Jiao thought to herself, "If it weren't for inheriting the family business, I would have opened a restaurant and dominated the interstellar scene by now."

Zhao Hezhi was somewhat surprised on his end, thinking for a moment before saying, "No wonder the food you make is so delicious."

Ning Jiao humbly waved her hand, closed the electronic contract, and said, "Mr. Zhao, I've finished reading."

Zhao Hezhi unconsciously crossed his arms in front of his chest and asked, "What do you think?"

Ning Jiao looked in his direction and said, "I'd like to add a clause."

“I will try to meet your needs as much as possible.”

Ning Jiao's hand tapped on the blank space of the contract.

"Here, add a sentence..."

"The parties, Party A and Party B, may address each other by their names directly, without using official titles."

Ning Jiao looked at the slightly bewildered expression on the blond Marshal's face, swallowed the words "although sometimes I really want to call you 'wife'," and tentatively said, "Is that okay, Zhao Hezhi?"

Because only military personnel could use the title "Marshal Zhao Hezhi," but Ning Jiao always felt that "Mr. Zhao" sounded very awkward, so she straightforwardly made this request.

Zhao Hezhi looked into those emerald-green eyes, almost nodding before he could think, "Of course."

As if to confirm his words, Zhao Hezhi added clearly, "Ning Jiao."

Ning Jiao happily signed the contract.

In her family's business, she was just a figurehead, and she only held the position for appearances' sake. According to her father's intentions, she should prioritize Marshal Zhao Hezhi in all matters, so she was more than happy to temporarily share a room with him.

That night, Ning Jiao lay on her bed, applying a face mask and comfortably reported the current situation to her family.

Sure enough, she received her father's response: "Well done."

She removed the face mask, tossed and turned for a while, and finally found the most comfortable position. She turned off all the lights in the room until she couldn't see her own hand in front of her face, then curled up, preparing to fall asleep.