Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Ning Jiao finally remembered.

She had indeed been a regular customer of this elite physician, but she had never visited his hospital. Instead, she frequented his nightclub—

Ning Jiao: Can someone please tell me why this esteemed royal physician moonlights as a strip club dancer?

She recalled, without emotion, his elastic and fair chest muscles and the numerous banknotes she had stuffed there. Then she glanced at his current attire, a tightly wrapped three-piece suit, and it all felt a bit surreal.

But Klaus remained composed. He even took a few steps forward, standing in front of Ning Jiao. He politely extended his hand.

"So, let's get to know each other again, Miss Ning. I look forward to working together in the future," Klaus said with a smile.

Ning Jiao mechanically shook his hand for a brief moment before letting go. "Mutual respect, Mr. Klaus."

Zhao He Zhi stood by their side. Despite his usual slowness, he could sense a subtle atmosphere between the two. He thought for a moment and turned to Ning Jiao.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

Ning Jiao shook her head with a smile. "No, nothing."

Klaus also smiled and suggested, as if he had thought of something, "We never had a chance to exchange contact information before. Today is a coincidence. How about we exchange contact information now? If you have any health or legal-related questions in the future, feel free to consult with me."

Ning Jiao's wrist trembled slightly. She couldn't figure out why Klaus wanted her contact information in this situation, and she was contemplating how to politely decline.

Ning Jiao thought to herself: "My lord, I've already turned over a new leaf."

She was about to offer a friendly smile and raise her hand when Zhao He Zhi suddenly spoke up.

"No need for that," he said.

Ning Jiao was surprised as she looked up and sensed a wave of confusion coming from Zhao He Zhi's direction.

Ning Jiao: ... Wait, wasn't that your suggestion in the first place?

But Zhao He Zhi remained composed on the surface. However, he spoke to Klaus:

"For all of Ning Jiao's future legal or health-related inquiries, please handle them through me. You can contact me directly."

Klaus nodded. "Your Highness is very thoughtful."

Ning Jiao, suddenly awake, eagerly agreed, playing along: "Yes, yes, yes."

Shortly after, Klaus left their private room.

Ning Jiao continued to eat in a daze, but Zhao He Zhi received a message on his smartbrain. As he read it, he furrowed his brow.

Ning Jiao asked, "What's wrong?"

Zhao He Zhi closed his smartbrain and replied, "The Emperor wishes to meet with us."

He quickly added, "It's just a private meeting. I've declined a few times before due to a busy schedule, but now that our marriage has been made public, he also wishes to meet you. Don't worry too much about it."

Ning Jiao...

She wasn't just worried; she felt like she might walk on all fours when she heard the word 'Emperor.' She swallowed hard and forced an even more awkward smile than a cry.

"When will it be?" she asked.

Zhao He Zhi replied, "The Emperor mentioned he's available next Tuesday or Wednesday. You can choose a time."