Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Ning Jiao looked at the beautiful weather outside, calmly turned on the lights in the gym, and after Abigail's gentle "good morning," she prepared to start her pleasant and routine day...

"A-Jiao, you're really not thoughtful at all!"

Ning Jiao stood on the elliptical machine, feeling refreshed, and asked, "What's wrong?"

In front of her was a holographic projection of Fran's face.

Fran's big face was almost pressed against the screen, as if she were about to break free and appear right in front of Ning Jiao the next second. She looked shocked and indignant as she accused, "No wonder you spent millions on that mech... It turns out your fiancée is that person, that person is none other than Senior Yue Apai, and here I was foolishly preparing to pursue him..."

Ning Jiao couldn't help but stifle a laugh. "Have you taken any actual actions to pursue him?"

Fran, confident as ever, replied, "Yes!"

This time, Ning Jiao was genuinely curious, but before she could ask, Fran honestly continued, "When we were separated before, I asked Senior Yue Apai—no, I should call him Lord Marshal now—for his smart communication code..."

She paused for a moment, leaving Ning Jiao eager for more. "And then?"

Fran deadpanned, "He said, 'Sorry, that's classified information. I can't give it to you.'"

Ning Jiao was stunned for a few seconds, then burst into laughter, nearly falling off the elliptical machine.

Fran's face was filled with "I'm such an idiot," and she couldn't help muttering to herself.

"I actually thought that Senior Yue's identity was not simple back then, but I didn't expect it to be this complicated. No, the main point is, you knew early on, so why didn't you tell me?"

Ning Jiao's expression was sincere. "I had my reasons."

Fran complained, and by now, she had let go of some of her anger, but she still couldn't let it go. She subconsciously said, "Oh, I know..."

Ning Jiao explained, "Because it's classified information!"

Fran sighed and said, "Ning Jiao!"

Ning Jiao chatted with Fran for a while, both lighthearted and whimsical. In the end, Fran persuaded Ning Jiao to promise to introduce her to suitable Alpha military guys when there were eligible ones in the AO army. Satisfied, she finally disconnected the call.

Ning Jiao's smile hadn't faded when Abigail gently reminded her, "Ning Jiao, exercise needs to be done in moderation. You've been working out for forty-five minutes now. Take a break, and don't forget to have the breakfast prepared by the Lord for you."

Ning Jiao readily agreed, took a refreshing shower, changed into clean clothes, and slipped into slippers before heading downstairs.

After revealing his true identity, Zhao Hezhi had become busier than ever. With the intricacies of military matters and his inability to return home frequently, the entire interstellar community was buzzing with excitement over "Lord Marshal's" newfound fame.

"Shocking! Lord Marshal's true identity exposed! Betas can also become the strongest mech warriors!"

Because the fake identity "Yue Apai" used in the military academy was listed as gender "B," all subsequent information about Zhao Hezhi continued to use these old records.

Ning Jiao raised an eyebrow and retrieved neatly cut triangular slices of toast from the warming drawer.

It had to be said that Zhao Hezhi's cooking skills had indeed improved significantly compared to the first time.