𝐌𝐚𝐱 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝

•Bad Idea•

Max and I have been broken up for six months now.
Six months without waking up to him every morning, six months without his touch, his kiss, six months without Max.

I know it's a bad idea, but can't two people reconnect? I only see him as a friend!
Besides, Max and I broke up for a reason.
We just weren't working, we needed to break up, and we're just friends now, I only see him as a friend.

"Y/n." Max exhaled as he opened his door.
"Hi." I spoke softly, I was afraid to speak to loud, like if I did he'd run away from me.
I only see him as a friend!
"You came." He opened his door and stepped out of the way allowing me to walk into his apartment.
"I did..." He called, he said he missed me, and I came, what does that say about me?
I only see him as a freind, so it doesn't mean anything, right?

"Make yourself comfortable." Max gestured to the couch as he took my shoes and coat from me.
It's awkward between us, it's odd, I'm so used to being my complete self around him, after all he has seen the most vulnerable parts of me.

"Why did you call?" I asked, cutting to the chase.
"I miss you." He spoke truthfully.
"Max..." I trailed off, we can't do this.
Not again, this was a bad idea.
"Y/n, please don't go." His voice was so soft, his voice was trapping me in my spot.

I missed his voice, the sweet nothings he'd leave on my skin, the sound of my name on his lips, every argument, every "I love you" every single word ever spoken from his lips, I missed it.

"Oh Max." I whispered as the brunette stared at me, he looked like a lost puppy.
"Please stay." He sat down next to me, taking my hands in his.
"You broke up with me Max! How can you miss me?" My voice cracked.

part of me never got over our break-up, it was all so sudden. I'd pushed every feeling away, and hid it down inside of me, but being here, in front of him, falling right back in love with him, it brought up every thing that had happened...

"Y/n, I know, and I'm a fucking idiot! But I was in a really bad place, mentally, physically, and you know it! You saw it! You're the one who made me get help."
"I did what was best for me, without thinking about you, and I should have, I should've left you help me, cause you always offered it, I shouldn't have pushed you away, or got angry at you for getting too close, I fucked up big time Y/n/n, but I'm begging you to give me a chance..." Max finished, he's started to get emotional, which of course made me emotional.
I looked down at our hands he'd intertwined, a single tear slipped from my eye, landing on our intertwined hands.

"Don't cry." Max lifted my chin with his index finger.
"Max." I sighed, more tears rolling down my face.
"If the answer is no, please don't say it, I don't want to let you go yet." Max shook his head pulling me into him. So I cried, I cried because I felt so safe with him, I cried because I miss him, I cried because I don't know whether to say yes, or to say no, I cried because he's my ex! And I cried cause this is a bad idea...

"Y/n." Max cooed, brushing the hair out of my face, he began to wipe away my tears.
"Stop crying sweet girl." How I missed that name.
"Max, I miss you." I cried.
"Shhh." He continued to play with my hair as he allowed me to calm down.

"I'll give you another chance." I spoke after twenty minutes of silence passed.
"This is your last chance." I told him, putting emphasis on 'last'.
"Thank you." He blew out a large breath.
I stared at him, no words being said, but my eyes said everything, and so did his...
It's a bad idea right?!??
Fuck it, it's fine.
"Kiss me."

Max pressed his lips to mine, the first taste of his lips I've had in six months, they moved in sync with mine just as easily as they'd done so many months ago, he is my other half, and this time
I'm not letting him go.

___________________________________________
~Authors Note~

Hi loves!

Happy October!🍂
(Even though yesterday was the first😭)

Someone requested a Max Fried imagine, so as you wish

I hope you enjoy it! And enjoy the little hints of Olivia Rodrigo's song 'Bad Idea Right?' That I left in there!🤭

Until the next chapter, much love!🩷