𝐊𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞

•Divine Timing•

I know I won't remember him in the morning, the downside of my nights activities is that I got completely wasted, shame, he was real sweet...

A year later...

"AHHHHH MOMMY!!!" I screamed running down the steps. "Yes?" She asked nervously, scared of my sudden outburst. "Read it," I shoved the letter into her hands.

Dear Miss.Y/n,

I've done my research on you, you have done amazing photography work, I'd be honored if you'd accept my invite to be our teams new photographer.

Contact me with your response!

Sincerely, Torey Lovullo

"Oh my goodness," she smiled up at me. "Is it real?" "Yes it's real!" I laughed. It didn't seem real though, I've been a Diamondbacks fan for as long as I can remember, photography has been my passion for as long as I can remember. So in school when they'd ask us what we wanted to be when we grow up, I'd always answer "I want to be a photographer for the Arizona Diamondbacks." I'd get laughed at of course, nobody could ever see me making it, nor could they understand my passion for it.

"Oh my, all your hard work paid off," my mom smiled weakly. I nodded my head, suddenly the moment didn't feel so special anymore. Suddenly I've been reminded that mother is getting weaker by the day...

After losing my job at Microsoft I picked up a shift at a local diner, it didn't pay much, five dollars an hour was worthless, they were on the brink of shutting down so they couldn't pay their employees much.
When I was working with Microsoft I made sure my mother had the very best care, the highest care I could get her, but with the decline in my pay we've not been doing to well with getting her the best care.

Just have to pray this job, my dream job... just have to pray my dream job gets me back on track, saves my mother.

"Good morning, Miss.Y/l/n," Torey smiled kindly at me. "Good morning Mr.Lovullo," I smiled nervously, shaking his hand. "Oh, Torey please." "Torey," I nodded. "So you're here, I take it you want the job?" He asked hopefully. "Yes, yes I'd love the job!" "That's wonderful, you're hired! We just need you to sign a few things and then I'll send someone to take you on a tour." Torey smiled and pushed some papers towards me, I happily took the papers and began to sign and read over things.

"Hmmm let's see, I don't know who's in the building right now... ahhh, Marte!" He clapped his hands and waved a man over.  A handsome man I should add. "Hey kid, I've got our new photographer here, you mind showing her around?" He questioned. "Not at all," the guy smiled at me. "Wonderful, I'll see you around Y/n," Torey waved me off.

"I'm Ketel by the way," the man introduced himself  and shook my hand. "I'm Y/n," I chuckled. "Lovely name," he smiled. "Thank you," I smiled back, he gave me a sense of Deja vu, he looked familiar, his name, all of him seemed familiar... maybe that's because I watch him on TV almost every day.

"Sooo, that's about it, aside from the field I'll take you down there," Ketel began to walk in front of me, down a large flight of steps. "Ketel," I tapped his shoulder. "Mhm?" "Are— I don't know how to say this, but have we met before?" I asked him the question that'd been bugging me for the past hour. Ketel sighed, he stared at me, a stare that felt so familiar.

"I, we have..." he spoke shyly. "I recognized you earlier, I wasn't sure at first, but when Torey said your name..." he trailed off. Suddenly everything clicked, my drunken night a year ago came rushing back. "My mystery lover," I giggled at the absurdity. "Sorry?" "On my way home that night, I called you my mystery lover," I smiled. "Not much of a mystery anymore, am I?" "Well, I don't know anything about you, so you're still a mystery as far as I'm concerned," I laughed and began to walk down the stairs.

"Well you know, you're just as much of a mystery as I am to you," Ketel caught up to me on the field. "So I am," I shrugged. "Let me get to know you, I don't want you to be a mystery." I stopped in my tracks, I think I'm beyond crazy to even considering feeling something for him, he was a drunken hook up and now I work with him...

"I'll think about it," I shrugged, snapping a picture of the field. "Tonight, I wanna get to know you tonight after the game." He said wholeheartedly. "What if I need more time to think?" "I don't think you do Y/n, with all do respect, I think your mind was made up the night you went home with me..." he trailed off. Well he wasn't wrong there, "Fine... but we cannot have a repeat of last time, no drinks involved, I'd like to actually wake up and remember what I did the night before." "Deal," he held out his hand to which I shook. "Deal."

________________________________________________
~Authors Note~

I think I hate this, but this is pt.2 to the imagine above this one! In the request it asked to be a journalist, but a photographer just worked best so I stuck with that, I apologize to the requester if that bothers you.

Much love!🩷