𝐂𝐉 𝐀𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐬

The Way It Should Be•

"Yo, Y/n, what're your plans for today?" CJ asked the girl who had been peacefully reading her book in her house.
"Uhh, who let you in?" She wondered aloud, staring at the boy, confused.
"Myself," he shrugged, plopping on the sofa next to her.
Y/n stared at the boy dumbfounded, "huh, remind me to start locking my door."
CJ chuckles and pulls the book out of the girls hand, "c'mon, it's warm, the suns out, and you're rotting on your couch."
The girl sighs and stares at her book longingly, "you're a pain in my ass Abrams."
The boy blew a kiss at the girl and started towards her front door.

"Where are we going?" Y/n asked watching the scenery through the open window, her hair whipping in the wind.
"I don't know," CJ shrugged.
"So you pulled me away from my book just—"
"Shut up," CJ laughed, dragging out the 'P.'
The girl glared at her best friend and said nothing more.

After another ten minutes of silence passed, the girl spoke up again.
"Seriously CJ! Where are we going?! At this point it feels like you're taking me far out to kill me!" She sighed, exasperatedly throwing your hands in the air.
CJ laughed and placed his hand on the girls leg to assure her he wasn't going to do what she'd been thinking.
"I promise I'm not gonna kill you."
"So what're are we doing then?"
CJ smiled over at her as a large lake came into view, the sun was shining down through the trees creating a magical glow on the water causing it to glitter.

Y/n gasped in awe as she stared at the glittering water.
CJ's smile lit up as he watched the girls face form into a look of awe.
"You remembered," she smiled, turning to look at CJ who was already looking at her.
"Of course I did, all you talked about for a whole week was some dude from your book taking his girlfriend to a magical sparkling lake."
Y/n laughed and smacked her friend lightly.

Dipping her toes in the cold water, a sigh of contentment left Y/n's lips. She began to create patterns in the water with her fingers, smiling when CJ sat next to her.

"Thank you for this," she whispered.
"Don't mention in Y/N/N," he placed an arm around her, pulling her close to him.
Y/n sighed, leaning into the boys hold, "I mean it CJ, I've not left my house in weeks, the depression has been really kicking my ass," she sighed, "I think this is the happiest I've felt in months..." she trailed off, she wanted to say more, she wanted to tell him so many things, but she silenced herself.

"Well that's what best friends are for," he chuckled, "they're meant to pull your depressed ass off the couch and out to touch some grass."
Y/n laughed alongside CJ, though the words 'best friend' put an ache in her heart, she knew that's all they should be.

_________________________________
~Authors Note~

HI LOVES <333

Ughhhh I have missed you all, and writing so much! I've never been so unmotivated in my entire life, I swear. 😭
Finally this idea came to me, I kinda love it and hate it at the same time, but it's whatever. I deleted my previous CJ imagine before this because I actually did hate that, and I don't like to put out work I don't enjoy.

I still have everyone's requests tucked away and waiting to be written, I've just been so unmotivated and trying to get back to myself, so I can't guarantee I'll be back to writing on the daily, but hopefully I'll be on here more frequently.

Thank you for all being so patient and kind, I know I say that so much but it truly means a lot, so thank you!! 🫂🤍

With all that being said, I hope you all enjoy!!

—All the love!! 💌