Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Our Broken Hearts

Damien

Flashback

It's her. She was my first kiss. That small hand was hers, and that gentle voice..that's why it sounds familiar to me. And that soft lips... Muli kong iniiwas ang tingin sa kanya ng muling sumilay ang magagandang ngiti sa kanyang labi. I need a fresh air. Walang paalam na tumayo ako mula sa grupong iyon kung saan inimbitahan siya ni Carl. This is supposed to be our get together party, but now I feel like I'm not in the mood. Pasimple kong nilingon ang grupo, at hindi sinasadyang nagtama ang aming mga mata. Shit.

I decided to go round the tables to catch up with my others friends, I admit though, parang nawala ako sa focus, and I can't help but to glance at her secretly. What the hell is happening to me? Yes, I felt something strange noong unang beses na nakita ko siya sa reception, ito ba ang dahilan kung bakit? Dahil minsan ko na pala siyang nakadaupang palad? At hindi lang basta nakahawak kamay, kundi nahalikan ko pa. And I also admit, years have past, but the memories of that day when were holding hands, keep me thinking who was that girl, and now that I finally knew who she is, I don't know. I don't know what to think, and I don't know what to feel. Well, she was beautiful and she's smart if I may add, at ang ilang taon na palaisipan sakin ay hindi namn nakaka disappoint ngayong nakilala ko na siya. What if ako at siya..oh! Damn it! Stop it Damien!

I tried to keep myself busy saying hi and hello, how have you been, and it's been a long time to my other friends and acquaintances, though the most special was that group where she sat. I really missed my friends, pero bigla akong nailang dahil sa nalaman ko, and there they are na parang walang nabunyag na lihim, or is it just me who's affected. Sumimple ako ng sulyap sa kanya, and I guess from the way she look around while still trying to look interested to whatever Carlisle was saying, ay hindi na siya komportable, maybe she's not used to this kind of gatherings, but not in a negative way. Base on how she move and how she interact with the people around her, I can see that she is not comfortable being with a lot of people, and such place with loud music.

Nang mapansin kong tumayo siya at naglakad patungo sa bar, ay hindi ko naiwasang sundan ang kilos niya. Maganda ang pagkakangiti niya sa isa sa mga bar tender doon. Is she warming up? Ready to have a drink? Hindi ko alam kung anong klaseng tingin ang ipinukol ko sa bartender na todo ngiti rin sa kanya. What the hell are they talking about? Agad kong inayos ang aking suit ng makitang tumalikod na ito sa lalaki at sakto namang patungo sa akin ang daan nito, kaya nagpasya akong salubungin na siya, hindi siya nababagay sa lugar na ito.
I'm usually confident. Ofcourse I am! But the moment our eyes met, pakiramdam ko ay nanlalambot ang mga tuhod ko. Really, Damien? Gladly, I managed to put a stern face bago kami nagkasalubong malapit sa pinto palabas.

"Uhmm..Isabella, right?" kunwari ay hindi ko pa tiyak ang kanyang pangalan, when the truth is, it keeps echoing on my mind.

"Yes, Sir.." she answered politely and put both her hands on her back, and I suddenly felt uneasy. She's not that friendly towards me, unlike with Carl.

"Okay, listen, I think you should go back to your post. You're not supposed to be here.." Kahit hindi nito ipinahalata, ay napansin kong bahagya siyang natigilan. Then she dared to look at me straight in the eyes, and raised her brows to answer.

"O-Ofcourse..actually, I'm on my way out, I do apologize..Sir.." So she's leaving. Good. Ayoko rin namang magtagal pa siya rito. She bowed her head once as I know a sign of respect, but I didin't expect what she said next.

"I know, I don't belong here.." What? Don't tell me she misunderstood what I've said? Geez! Pasimple ko na lang hinabol ng tingin ang babaeng hindi ko alam kung patutulugin ako ngayong gabi.