second chance trope (theo's version)

NOT PROOFREAD!

——————————

Prologue:

Pt 1: "You look so good, babe

Pt 1:
"You look so good, babe...", Theo groans into your ear.
You giggle and push him away. "Theo, we've barely been here for 2 hours."
Not reacting to your protest, he pulls you sideways on his lap. "It's not my fault you are so hot."
He leans back, obviously pleased to the fact that he has you sitting in his lap.
One arm is wrapped around your thighs, the other is draped on the back of the sofa.
You lean pack against Theo's chest, resting your head on his shoulder.
"Ugh, you two are disgusting.", you hear a voice in your back. Turning around, you are met with Mattheo.
"You're just jealous that I got a girl and you don't.", Theo smirks, gripping you tighter.
"Oh shut up.", Mattheo groans.
You giggle at the bickering and rest your head again.
After a while, you hear someone shout: "Guys, I think it's time for a game!"
The call earns cheers and applause in response.
In the end, people decide on truth or dare Slytherin version.
Means nothing less than that every player gets to swallow a shot of fire whiskey that contains a bit of verita serum. That way they're unable to lie.
You pull Theo with you into the circle of people. He's not a big fan of truth or dare, but to make you happy, he joins.
As the flask reaches you, you take a sip and hand it to Theo. He hesitates for a second, but takes the shot in the end.
During the game, Draco has to tell which teacher he's most afraid of (Professor Moody), Pansy has to kiss Tom as a dare (he wipes his mouth afterwards), Mattheo has to take of his shirt and Daphne confesses her crush on Astorias boyfriend (they start yelling at each other).
Then the bottle stops at Theo. "Dare.", he says without hesitation.
The girl that spun the bottle, a bygone fling of Theo, fades him to kiss her with tongue. "No way.", he says, grabbing you thigh to demonstrate that he's taken.
People start to boo Theo for chickening out. The girl grins. "Pick truth then."
Theo shakes his head. "Nope. Choose another dare."
"Truth, truth, truth!", people shout in a choir.
Theo looks at you and you see sheer fear in his eyes.
You cup his cheek. "Call down my love. There's nothing to be afraid of. I'm with you."
Theo nods and prays to god that he won't be forced to confess his biggest sin to you.
He squeezes your hands and turns to face the girl. "Alright, truth."
The girl smiles; somehow it seems like a smile of cruelty and you shiver.
"What's your biggest fear?", she asks.
Theo closes his eyes and relaxes his shoulders. Thank god.
"My biggest fear is that y/n will leave me.", he says.
The room turns death silent; nobody expected that answer.
Your eyes widen. "Really? That's your biggest fear? Oh, Theo! Why do you think I could ever leave you?"
Instantly, his body stiffens. Words form in his throat that he does not want to speak out loud, but the potion flowing in his system forces the words out of him. With blank eyes, he stares at you and opens his mouth.
"Because you will find out that I started dating you to win a bet."
He presses a hand on his mouth as if that would magically make the words fly back into his mouth.
You gasp, just like most of the people in the circle.
"Fuck, y/n, I'm sorry.", Theo says and tries to grab your wrists but you quickly get on your feet and stumble away from him.
The betrayal stings in your heart. You can feel it rip apart, slowly and painfully.
Tears fill your eyes as you realize that everything you an Theo have is based on a lie. But is there even anything you have? You always expected that he loves you; maybe that's a lie as well.
Theo gets up and cups your face with his hands. "Y/n I swear on my life that you mean the world to me. I love-"
Before he can finish, you slapped him across the face. "Don't you dare. You do not love me.", you hiss and push him away from you. "Fuck you, Theo! You're a traitor, a fucking reckless arsehole!"
You don't care about the Slytherins staring at you and Theo. All you can feel is pain, both physically and mentally. It hurts to look into Theo's eyes. They're full of guilt, fear and pain - and they disgust you.
You turn around and stumble into the hallways, leaving everyone behind.