second chance trope (mattheo's version)

NOT PROOFREAD!

——————————

Prologue:

Pt 1:

You chuckle into Mattheo's neck. "Matty, stop!", you pant.
His nose rubs over your chest. "Mmh, I don't think so. We'll just stay here.."
You gently grab his curls to stop him.
"Ugh, fine.", he growls.
"Matty we can continue this later. But now we need to go. The others are waiting."
He rests his weight on his elbows to look into your face. His eyes are soft and loving when they meet yours. "God, you're so pretty."
He tugs a strand of hair behind your ear. "The best thing that has ever happened to me."
You smile at him. "I love you very much, Mattheo."
His eyes start glowing at your words and he pulls you onto your feet to swing you around. "Fuck, you have no clue how much I love you."
He captures your lips in a tender kiss. When you pull back, you're both out of breath and walk down the stairs, holding each others hand.
While walking to the party destination, you can feel a firm grip on your ass. "Don't think I'll leave your side once when you're wearing this dress."
He kept his promise. 3 hours into the party and he hasn't moved away any further than a few foot, even followed you to the bathroom.
Mattheo slurs his words as he pulls you into his lap while talking to your older brother and his best friend, Theo.
Theo sighs. "Bro, you know I hate when you do that in front of me. Y/n's my sister."
Mattheo squeezes your thigh under the table. "Believe me, there's a lot more we could do, but I'll spare you the sight.", is his cocky answer.
You feel a burning gaze in your back and turn around, holding onto Mattheo's shoulders to keep your balance.
Daphne is throwing daggers at you with her eyes. You sigh. She's Mattheo's ex-girlfriend, if you can call it that. They had a few hook ups at the beginning of the year but never got exclusive.
Feeling a little childish, you stick out your tongue at her.
She gives you the middle finger. You scoff and pull Mattheo in for a passionate kiss without taking your eyes off of Daphne. "He's mine.", you mouth at her.
You can watch her getting furious. In your drunken state, it amuses the hell out of you.
She throws her cup away and comes over to you.
"Uh oh, I think Daphne is going to cause a scene.", you whisper into Mattheo's ear.
A moment later, Daphne snatches the chair across from Mattheo, Theo and you. She drops herself. "You think you're better than me, don't you?", she asks.
"Well, I'm with Mattheo, whilst you're...not with him.", you giggle, leaning back against your boyfriend's broad chest to prove your point.
"Believe me, you won't have much to laugh when I'm done with you.", she hisses.
Theo puts away his shot glass. "Is that a threat, Greengrass?"
Daphne leans back, smiling to herself. "Nope. I just happen to know something that will be from interest for y/n. And you, even.", she says, nodding at Theo.
To your surprise, you can feel Mattheo stiffen under you. "Shut up, Daphne.", he growls.
She shakes her head. "You shouldn't tell your secrets to a girl you used and then threw away like a damn toy. Sometimes we struggle to keep our mouth shut and then one thing leads to another. You get the idea."
"Matty, what is she talking about?", you ask.
"Yeah, Matty. Do you want to tell her or should I?", she says, twisting a strand of hair between her fingers.
"Daphne, you're a fucking bitch. Let's go, y/n."
Mattheo puts you to the ground and attempts to grab your hand.
You snatch it back from him. "Tell me what she's talking about!"
Mattheo sighs, but he looks worried. "It's nothing."
"Oh, I wouldn't call a bet to lure her into your bed nothing.", Daphne spits out. Then she fake-gasps. "Oops, sorry!", she giggles and gets up to leave.
Your mind goes silent and a lump forms in your throat.
In a flash, Theo has Mattheo pinned to the table. "Tell me that's a lie.", he growls.
"Theo, let go off him!", you scream, tears welling in your eyes. "I said let go!"
After a few seconds, Theo takes a step back and you slip into his place. "Matty, please tell me Daphne wasn't telling the truth."
Mattheo doesn't say a word, but the guilt and fear in his eyes say everything you need to know.
You nod, feeling your heart breaking into a million pieces. You try to stay strong. "I see.", you say, your voice barely over a whisper.
Mattheo tries to grab your wrist, but you snatch it away from him. "Y/n...", he whispers.
You don't let him finish and turn on your heels. The second you left the room, you break down, getting buried by an immense wave of pain.