Cooking a (fancy) meal for him/ his family

(dating)

——————————
Harry:

It was during your first year of being with Harry that you invited harry to spend the last week of summer break at your place

It was during your first year of being with Harry that you invited harry to spend the last week of summer break at your place. He hated every second he had to spend with the Dursleys, so of course he took you up on that offer.
His third day at yours was his birthday and since he once told you how he always liked the dinner for his birthday at the burrow the most, you decided to make on for him as well.
You invited Hermione and Ron, mostly for the purpose of them keeping him out of the house while you turned your parents kitchen into a battlefield of ingredients and cooking utensils.
Usually, you didn't like cooking but this time the three-course meal turned out just great. Perfect, one might say.
When the trio returned two hours later, kicking of their shoes and putting away their jackets, you just brought the cake into the dining room.
„Happy Birthday!", you said when Harry entered the room before the others. His eyes started glistening with joy and surprise as he took in the scenery: his favorite foods, a cake and streamers and other decorations splattered between them.
„God, you're truly amazing.", Harry said when he walked over to you to pull you into a tight hug. „I love you. Thank you for all this.", he added before placing a loving kiss on your lips.

——————————
Ron:

In the middle of your mission to find and destroy the horcruxes, there wasn't exactly time for a fancy meal, especially not while residing in a tent in the woods

In the middle of your mission to find and destroy the horcruxes, there wasn't exactly time for a fancy meal, especially not while residing in a tent in the woods. So when you got to Grimauld place with the trio, and examined the kitchen, you decided it's now or never.
With the little things at hand, you somehow managed to prepare a meal surprisingly good. Ron, getting lured into the kitchen by the smell of it, leaned in the doorframe and watched you with a slight smile curling his lips. His smiles became rare these days, constant worry about his family weighing his shoulders down.
"That smells...like home.", he said, pushing off of the frame and strolling over to you.
A pretty red tinted your cheeks at his compliment, only intensifying when he pulled your front against his chest and tilted your head backwards for a tender kiss that left you breathless when he pulled away.
"I don't say it enough lately, but I love you. A lot.", Ron said.
The four of you ate, sharing stories and creating a bubble of comfort and joy of your own, all ignited by your cooking.
That night, for the first time in what felt like ages, Ron and you slept trough, bellies full and entangled in each other. The worries for once faded.