Yule Ball part 1

part 1: an insight into your relationship with him

——————————
Harry:
You are Ron's older sister.

"Harry, seriously-", you hear Ron's voice getting carried up the stairs you're currently ascending

"Harry, seriously-", you hear Ron's voice getting carried up the stairs you're currently ascending. It somehow sounds like a threat.

You're not suprised at all when Harry answers - it's the last week of summer break and during the last four years, he always appeared at the burrow, often unexpectedly.
"Calm down, Ron.", Harry sighs.

You stop on the stairs before they can hear or see you coming.
Is eavesdropping is a bad habit? Yes.
Are you going to stop? No.
It's a bad habit all Weasleys have.

"No, Harry. It's disgusting. She's my sister.", Ron seethes. "You can't crush on her."
Ginny?

You could swear you almost hear Harry roll his eyes. "Ron, I'm not going to hit on her."

A sneer. "She wouldn't let you anyways. She's way too old for you."

You have to suppress your gasp. Ginny is younger than Harry.
The only older sister- it's you they are talking about. You are the crush. Your heart begins to beat in your throat. It can't be. Harry-

"It's only a year, Ron.", Harry retorts.
Ron yells: "Ha! So you admit it!"

To that, Harry mutters something under his breath that sounds like a poor renunciation.
The adrenaline of the revelation makes your head spin, and you have to hold on to the railing of the staircase to collect yourself.

You are not too shy to admit it to yourself that you find yourself drawn toward Harry. His looks, his character - the bravery, loyalty and dry humor. It's all very intriguing. A field of possibilities opens in front of you.
And at the same time, you begin to feel bad - for invading Harry's privacy in such a delicate matter.

So you make yourself known - by trampling down the last few steps towards the living room louder than you usually would, taking your time with it to give Harry the chance to collect himself as well.

When you reach the bottom of the stairs and look over to the couch, you find Harry sitting on it, desperately trying to act casual, and it almost works - if it wasn't for the crimson red of his cheeks.

——————————
Ron:
You are Ginny's best friend.

——————————Ron: You are Ginny's best friend