second chance trope (cedric's version)

NOT PROOFREAD!

——————————

Prologue:

.

Pt 1:
You're looking out the window in your dorm. The sky is crystal clear and a bright blue. Warm sun is shining in your face and your heart laughter and chatter echo into your room.
The majority of the studentship is outside, enjoying the good weather.
But you are forced to stay in your dorm.
You slam your book on the table. Stupid ancient runes essay.
An hour later when your head is spinning, your phone starts buzzing on your bed.
Thankful for the distraction you get up and grab the phone. It's your boyfriends calling.
"Hey Ced.", you accept the call.
"My darling where are you?", he asks. You can hear people talking in the background and water splashing.
It hits you like a brick: you were supposed to be at the black take - a look on the time - 20 minutes ago.
"Oh baby I'm sorry, I was stuck with homework and I didn't check the time. But I'll be there soon, just let me put on my bikini."
Cedric laughs. "Hurry, I miss you!", he says and then ends the call.
You quickly pull your bathing suit out of your dresses and put it on, then throw a floral, mid-length dress on top. With a towel in one hand and a bottle of water in your other, you head out of the castle.
It takes you ten minutes to make it to the spot where you are supposed to meet Cedric and his friends and by the time you reached them, sweat is rolling down your temple. It's incredibly hot.
You trip your things next to Cedric towel and scan the surroundings for him. He's no where to he seen.
"Hey guys, where's Ced?", you ask the circle of people that have gathered on the green grass to play a card game. "Dunno, he rushed off with two others. This direction.", a girl answers, motioning towards three single trees. In the distance, you can see a figure that looks like Cedric.
"Thanks.", you say and walk their way.
Halfway you think that you should probably let Cedric talk to his friends in peace and that if would he rude to interrupt them, but on the other hand it would be weird to turn around and walk back. In the end, you decide to take the risk of appearing rude, but you want to give Cedric some time, so you walk really slow.
Their conversation hits your ear and you feel like a eavesdropper.
"I want to back out.", Cedric says.
One of his friends starts laughing, the other speaks up. "You can't just back out. That would cost you 50 galleons."
From your angle, you can't see Cedric's face bout his body, so you can see the way he shrugs his shoulders. "I'll give you the money."
The friend that had laughed, now throws his hands in the air. "Why are you chickening out though?"
Cedric sighs. "Fuck, cause I fell for her."
Both of the friends gasp. "No way!"
Cedric laughs, but it doesn't sound happy. "Yes way."
You don't understand what's so bad about the fact that he had fallen for you. Considering the fact that he has already told you he loves you multiple times that shouldn't be that much of a big deal. But what his feelings for you have to do with 50 galleons is a riddle to you.
"Then you need to tell her about the bet."
Cedric sighs. "I know. But how? I can hardly walk up to her and say 'Hey, y/n, I only started dating you because of a bet but I love you so forgive and forget.'"
Your stomach drops at his words. What the actual hell?
Considering the way Cedric turns on his heels, you said that out loud.
"Fuck, darling-"
You interrupt him. "So this is how it is...", you croak, trying to swallow the lump in your throat. The harder you try, the bigger it gets.
Cedric reaches out for you but you take a step back. He drops his hands, hurt. "No, that's not it. I mean, yeah it is but-"
You slap him across the face before he can finish. "Fuck you.", you hiss and turn on your heels. Cedric runs after you, begging you to hear him out, but you ignore all this pleads and grab your belongings when you reached his friend group again.
"Fuck, y/n, you don't understand. I wanted to back out for so long."
You turn and poke his naked chest with your index finger. There's still drops of water in his skin and you start tearing up as you think about how far things went downhill. "We're fucking done, Cedric Diggory. Better take the money. It's everything you'll have left of me."
With that, you storm off.
Thank god he is in a different house. That way you won't have to fear him seeing you break down in the middle of the common room.