second chance trope (tom's version)

NOT PROOFREAD!

——————————

Prologue:

Pt 1: Tom's hand rests under the table on your thigh, visible for no one but you and him

Pt 1:
Tom's hand rests under the table on your thigh, visible for no one but you and him.
He shoots you a quick glance and squeezes you flesh slightly as the teacher ends the lesson.
Tom gets up on his feet, looking down at you.
"Come on.", he says. He waits for you to gather your stuff and stuff it into your bag.
You are one of the last students remaining in the room and Tom uses that opportunity to peck your temple as he bends down.
He snaps your bag from you before you can even throw it over your shoulder.
"Let me carry this.", he says and leads you out of the classroom with one hand firmly on your ass.
As he drags you trough the halls, his thumbs strokes the fabric of your skirt.
In front of another classroom, he hands you your bag. "Meet my in my dorm later.", he says before turning on his heels and heading to his own class.
With a soft smile, you admire his figure as he walks away. It's a miracle to you how you managed to tame THE Tom Riddle. Somehow you did, and it's the best thing in your life.
You settle in your seat, sighing to yourself. History of Magic. Boring.
Somehow you make it trough the class without falling asleep and pack your bag for the last time of the day.
Quickly, you make your way back to Slytherin house. You wanted to drop your things and change into comfier clothes before you go to Tom's, but then you decide against it.
You will not be wearing your clothes for a long time anyways. Thinking about how hungry Tom can be, anticipation rises within you, a soft blush climbs on your cheeks and you make your way to the boys dormitory, desiring Tom's touch.
In front of his door, you stop, reaching out to knock on the wooden surface. Tom knows you're the only one that would ever dare to enter his dorm, besides his two roommates, Mattheo and Regulus, but he hates people that don't knock. It's a matter of privacy, as simple as that.
Then you hear a voice speaking behind the door and let your hand rest on your side again, listening to the conversation to find out if you can interrupt them or not.
"Tom, don't you think you can claim your money now?", you hear Mattheo, Tom's brother speaking.
"No, I'm not done with her.", is the stoic answer.
Done with whom? You grab the straps of your bag tighter.
Laughter fills the room. "Why? It's obvious she fell for you.", Mattheo says. "She's head over heels for you. Take it. Or did you start liking her too?"
You hear coins clinking together, but you still have no clue what they're talking about; you can't put the puzzles together yet. You know you shouldn't invade Tom's privacy, but there's an odd feeling you just can't shake and your way too curious to leave now.
"Pfft, no way. I'm just playing with y/n."
They're talking about you? Your stomach drops.
Suddenly, a third voice rises in the room. It's Regulus. "I didn't think you two would be that cruel.", he scoffs.
A few seconds, there's silence and you don't dare to breathe, afraid they might hear your noises through the massive door.
"It was just for fun.", Tom snorts.
You hear someone getting on their feet and quickly take a step back, tears rising on your eyes as the message sinks in. It was a game.
"I don't want anything to do with that bet. You two are fucking monkeys.", Regulus speaks again.
His voice is too close to the door, so you turn on your heels to leave.
A sob escapes your lips and the tears start falling out of your eyes. You have heard enough.
It was a game, a damn bet, that's it. How could you be so naive to think that Tom Riddle actually has a heart?
Before you can get out of sight, the door in your back opens and you turn your head, not able to resist and stop in your tracks, a solid ten meters between you and Tom's dorm. You see Regulus standing in the doorway. "Fuck, Tom!", he shouts, looking back into the room.
A second later, Tom's curly head appears in the doorway, peeking out into the corridor. His eyes widen as he sees you and realizes that you have probably heard everything.
You stare at him. He takes a step into your direction. Tom yells your name, but you don't listen.
"Fuck you.", you croak. He probably didn't even hear you, but you don't care.
You turn and run away, leaving your shattered heart behind, ignoring Tom calling for you.