Vessel-XXXI

(C.W)

I watched the clock hand tick away the seconds. I should have gone to sleep a few hours ago, considering the early start we would have in the morning. Yet, here I was, waiting for the right time to sneak across the hall into Sera's room. 

We had arrived in Germany hours ago, just in time to order room service for dinner before heading to our respective rooms. The flight had been short, but not as pleasant as I would have liked. Between turbulence and Sera being seated nearly at the other end of the jet, I had grown restless in the hour and a half we were in the air. 

Jackass flight attendant hadn't made things easier, either.

I snarled at the memory. Some blonde frat boy had been on board as one of our flight attendants. A pretty boy who was obviously full of himself and had taken an obvious interest in Sera. He made zero effort to hide it by getting close to her during boarding, touching her arm or shoulder any chance he got, and giving her an award-winning smile any time he passed by her. My blood roared in my ears even still.

The minute hand finally shifted into position. Midnight. I stood and slipped on my cloak and mask, I forwent repainting myself. Ensuring I had both my room key and Sera's, I slipped out of my room and across the hall.

I slid the key card into the slot and turned the handle as quietly as possible. Her room was pitch black and all that could be heard were quiet shallow breaths coming from the center of the room. I allowed myself a minute to let my eyes adjust before making my way to the bed, kneeling on the edge softly so as not to disturb her. I wanted to enjoy a moment of witnessing her at peace before I woke her. 

She shifted in the bed, and though I couldn't see her, I could feel her body tense. She could see my shadow in the dark but most likely didn't know it was me. While it wasn't my intention to scare her, curiosity got the better of me and I chose to stay silent. We stayed there frozen in time and I couldn't tell if the thumping I was hearing was her heartbeat, or my own.

I felt one of her limbs twitch underneath the covers and that was my only warning signal before the covers were thrown up into my face. She jumped to her feet and made her way around the bed, gunning for the door. 

Just as quickly, I got up and ran after her. Just as she grasped the doorknob, I pressed my arm against the door preventing her from opening it. I grabbed her waist and spun her around, pressing my hips into hers. 

"Easy, my little fox." I said in as soothing of a voice as I could. "There's no need in running." Her rapid breathing slowed only a little as I brought my hand up to stroke her cheek down to her neck. I could feel her erratic heartbeat through the tips of my fingers. 

I leaned down and gave her a kiss on the cheek before whispering in her ear, "Did I frighten you, love?" After a moment of hesitation I felt her nod her head. "My apologies." 

I didn't feel the need to elaborate in what I had been doing staring at her nor did I feel the desire to tell her I had wanted to test her reaction to it. If I hadn't been waiting on her to make a move, I might not have caught her. That thought in itself made me feel better in the scenario of someone intruding on her, but it also slightly angered me that someone had pushed her to react that way. 

Her hips pushed against mine as she tilted her chin up, allowing me better access. As it turns out, my little fox desired me just the same as I did her. My hands trailed down her body until I reached the hem of her shirt. Slipping my hands underneath it, I found that she wore only a thin pair of lace panties. A low moan of approval escaped my throat as I kissed her lips. 

I slipped a hand into her panties. I had wanted to touch her like this before, but my hands had been dirty with paint. My fingers slipped between her folds before settling on that sensitive button of hers. I could feel her wetness grow as I rubbed gentle circles. Her breaths turned into those sweet little pants.