18. CHANGE IN DYNAMICS

Taehyung was engrossed in a call, discussing the details of an upcoming meeting, when an unexpected knock on his door disrupted the conversation

Taehyung was engrossed in a call, discussing the details of an upcoming meeting, when an unexpected knock on his door disrupted the conversation. he opened the door, still maintaining his conversation on the call. As the door swung open, he found his mom standing there, a mischievous glint in her eyes. 

With a silent gesture, she requested a brief pause, to which Taehyung nodded in acknowledgment. Mrs. Kim, with a playful smile, sidestepped, revealing someone behind her. Taehyung's eyes adjusted to the new sight, Taehyung's eyes widened, and his jaw dropped in sheer astonishment, his phone slipped from his fingers, landing with a thud on the floor. 

It was as if time itself had paused, and all that remained was the incredulous gaze that Taehyung couldn't tear away. The room seemed to hold its breath as Taehyung grappled with the unexpected presence before him. The person on the call continued to speak, their voice a distant murmur, as Taehyung struggled to process the surreal moment unfolding in his doorway. 

Taehyung tried to speak, but his throat was dry, and he couldn't find any words

Taehyung tried to speak, but his throat was dry, and he couldn't find any words. He wondered if the person in front of him was real or if he was just dreaming. Taehyung was unsure about everything in that moment, but one thing he was certain of was that the person before him is looking heavenly.

Mrs. Kim couldn't help but giggle at Taehyung's reaction; it was precisely the response she had anticipated. There, at the door, stood Jimin, looking a bit flustered and uncertain. Mrs. Kim playfully nudged Jimin into the room, directing him toward Taehyung, who remained entranced by Jimin's presence. 

"Taehyung." Mrs. Kim called

"TAEHYUNG" Mrs. kim called again with a loud voice to get taehyung's attention.

"Huhh.. Eo- Eomma" taehyung shuttered

"You can thank me later, but for now, just enjoy yourselves. Oh, and by the way, my room is on the ground floor, so feel free to be as loud as you want. Don't worry about me," Mrs. Kim quipped with a teasing smile. Jimin and Taehyung found themselves blushing, particularly Jimin, who was unsure how to navigate this unexpected turn of events. All he could recall was preparing to sleep when Mrs. Kim surprised him in his room, handing him an outfit and playfully dragging him into Taehyung's room. She had cheekily remarked that she didn't want to be the mom who spoiled her son's fun. The room was now filled with a mix of awkwardness and amusement.