25. BIG KID

The car ride is silent—awfully silent

The car ride is silent—awfully silent. Jimin can feel the awkwardness in the air, but he doesn't know what to do. Taehyung, who is also zoned out in his own head, is questioning himself about his previous behavior. Why the hell did he react like this? Why did he feel so much anger and frustration? He wants to know why he did that.

"Umm, are we going home now?" Jimin asked, realizing it was a somewhat silly question, but he wanted to break the awkward silence.

"Yes, we are going home," Taehyung replied, and then the silence returned. Taehyung, also feeling the weight of the quiet, decided to break it.

"Can I ask you a question?" Taehyung said, and Jimin nodded, grateful for any disruption to the silence.

"Do you really have a crush on Seung Gyu?" Taehyung asked and Jimin pondered if silence might have been better.

"Uhh... yes, I used to have a crush on him," Jimin admitted, and Taehyung's grip on the steering wheel tightened.

"Do you still have a crush on him?" Taehyung questioned, his voice sounding a little distant.

"I don't know," Jimin replied honestly. He genuinely wasn't sure if he still felt the same way about Seung Gyu, 

"What do you mean you don't know?" Taehyung asked, now looking at Jimin.

 "I mean, I don't know if I feel the same about him. It's been years," Jimin explained.

"So, you don't have a crush on him now?" Taehyung asked again, and Jimin's frustration grew.

"Yes, Taehyung," Jimin said, making taehyung happy and relieved for two reasons. First, jimin no longer had a crush on Seung Gyu, and second, jimin had called Taehyung by his name again.

"do you have any more query Mr. Kim." jimin said and here we go again. 

"nope Mr. park I don't." taehyung replied. and the car ride continue with small talk.

---❣---

They all returned to the mansion, but they still had plenty of time before dinner. Each of them enjoyed this free time in their own way. The Namjin couple went to the game store Jin had noticed on the way, eager to try out the new game. Hobi accompanied Seung Gyu for some important work he had. Mihae and his friends also headed out for some gaming fun.

"Jimin, I'm heading to the local market we passed by on our way back. Do you want to come?" Yoongi asked Jimin.

"I'll pass; I'm really tired. All I want to do is sleep," Jimin replied, feeling the fatigue from walking around the mall all day.

"No problem, I'll go alone then," Yoongi said.

"I can come with you," Jungkook chimed in. Both Jimin and Yoongi looked at Jungkook.