CHAPTER 1 : Royal Palace

the darkness started to wither, a dim daylight arose as I gradually opened my eyes. My head was ticking and I had intense pain in my limbs, slowly opening my eyes I saw red curtains swaying along the cinch, and tall pillars stood off at the far end of the room. As I gained consciousness I instantly got up from the bed. The atmosphere was not friendly at all, it had a royal glimmer. There were walls embodied with golden and silver paintings, and a huge balcony overlooked the extended garden as far as I could see it was all green.

An enormous king-sized bed with silk blankets was being set up and I was sleeping on the same for several hours or days. I had no idea. There were exquisite flower vases kept along the corners of the room that had beautiful roses, Jasmine's and Lavenders in them that scented like heaven.

I looked down at myself to look at an unidentified weight I was carrying, It was two silver anklets embodied with green stones probably emeralds. I turned around to see the habitat I was in, It was lovely yet bizarre.

"Where am I?" I said all bewildered. Wandering around the grand room I was in.

"Rajkumari Nihira." I gave attention to a voice that came from behind. It was sweet and mature at the same time. As I veered around I saw a girl, she was lovely. She had long black hair along with fishery eyes that had heavy Surma in them, her clothes were very old-fashioned. They were orangish, and she wore tiny ornaments around.

"Who are you-?" I doubted. Getting away from her. She reacted with a strange comeback. And ran back to call some other girls who were almost identical to her.

"Mata Rukmani !" She shouted out loudly.

I was terrified. Why were all of these girls running around, I stood still, incapable of understanding the situation. They had joyful smiles when they called out. "Mata Rukmani." But what she has to do with me, and first of all where am I?

Before anyone came I walked towards the immense balcony that confronted a stunning garden. It was all verdant and trees were planted in a straight cord, presenting a ravishing work of craftwork.

"Sakhi." I heard a voice from behind.

As I veered around, I saw someone standing in front with pitambari clothes and morepankhi in his mukut. He had minimal jewellery around his neck and a captivating smile upon his lotus-pink lips. Overall his ambience was mesmerizing, soothing and alluring at the same time.

"Krishna!" I answered back with water filling my eyes. I instantly fell onto his feet, unable to adapt to the habitat. I was feeling stuck. It was making me nervous, people were not normal here, and they spoke a language I could never emit. It was distinctive Hindi. Moreover, they had a lot of jewellery and laboriously coloured clothing. Was I teleported to somewhere ?? In the Mauryan empire presumably. It seemed like I was in the history textbooks.

Eventually, Krishna kept up my arms and picked me up. I was sodden in tears.

"You are not in Mauryan era sakhi." He said in a scathing tone. But how did he know I was thinking about it?

"How do you know Krishna-?" I said weeping my tears.

"Hmm, so sakhi nihari listen to me carefully." He said in a tense yet relaxed tone.

I shook.

"You have travelled back about five thousand years from your present life. In dwaper yuga." He said with an extensive gap, which was required. I needed to breathe. I was probably dreaming, I had worse dreams than this. I will survive.

"You are not dreaming sakhi." He responded.

"How do you-" I made an effort to say once again, but then I remember he is the Supreme soul of the universe he knows everything. So I should shut up.