CHAPTER 25 : Dwarka

*13 months later*

                       DWARKA

the blue sky began scattering the first rays of sunlight, and the ocean started to melt under the morning sun, the soft beach wind blew throughout the land, long coconut tress waved along the ferociously blowing winds that came from the sea, carrying the salt among it, the humidity began rising, and the month of January did not seem to be cold, here in the Dwarka where land and sea met.

The morning was serene, the birdsong grew louder, signaling the start of their daily activities. The sand on the beach retained its coolness as Nihira strolled along the shore. There was a noticeable change in her aura, perhaps due to her increased height that made her appear fully matured, or her newly chopped hair that now reached only her shoulders, once the most captivating feature of her body.

Her figure was accentuated, her facial characteristics became defined, displaying a prominent jawline and elegantly sculpted cheekbones. She exuded a more commanding presence, with eyes adorned in kajal that gave her the aura of a nocturnal queen. Her hips were curvier, her bosom fuller, and as she moved, she embodied the essence of the women immortalized in poetry and tales.

Nihira was on the verge of reaching her twentieth birthday, and her time in Mathura had been incredibly enlightening. The city had breathed new life into her aspirations, and everything seemed to pass by in a blur from that point onwards. Krishna made the decision to venture towards the southwest, to the enchanting island of Dwarka, situated in the middle of the vast ocean. Initially, there was nothing but land surrounded by the sea and the scent of salt in the air. Nihira found it quite challenging to adapt to her new surroundings, but she knew that Dwarka was Krishna's realm, a place filled with enchantment and wonder.

The settlement of people in that place gave rise to hopeful aspirations. Consequently, it swiftly transformed into one of the most remarkable cities in Aryavarth, boasting a formidable Narayani Sena. The state was under the direct governance of Krishna himself, who assumed complete control over all affairs.

Duryodhan had demonstrated exceptional skill in wielding the mace, surpassing all others in Aryavarth. It was customary for nihira and Duryodhan to gather at sunset to reflect on their day. Instead of meeting at the ghats, they would convene at the seashore. Occasionally, Krishna would join them, and the gentle waves would caress his feet before receding, occasionally leaving behind gifts such as shells, pearls, and coral stones. He would then present these treasures to Nihira, knowing my fascination with the sea.

The sea underwent three color transformations daily. Currently, it seemed to be under Krishna's magical spell, as in the morning, the cold water glowed a light blue when touched by the first rays of sunlight, resembling hidden pearls in its depths. By afternoon, it took on the hue of sea shells, pale yet stunningly white. As the sun set, the sea would be bathed in a golden or green light, illuminating its entirety.

                        .   .   .

Krishna stood in his balcony with a smile on his face, displaying dimples when he smiled. His eyes shone brightly as the sea breeze ruffled his hair and caused his morpankhi to fly away. Krishna appeared unfazed by the incident, as if it were intentional.

And then he smiled continuesly.

"What is it Kanha---?" I questioned, perplexed.

"Today is the day when history will change its course." He said making me more confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Today is the day when everyone's fate will change according to their karma, because---" he took a pause.