CHAPTER 12 : Helper

"Can't you stay still-nihira?" Shouted Nakul, standing and eyeing Tushti applying some sort of ointment upon my right leg.

"It hurts like hell," I answered back.

"Who told you to sleep midway in the gurukul-such an idiot you are." Let out, Nakul.

"Stop taunting me, don't you feel sleepy all day after getting up so early-?"

"No, it's my habit and you should get this too." He replied.

I rumbled my eyes from Nakul, as Tushti applied the ointment upon my right foot, Nakul and Sehdev stood there glancing at me and nodding their heads in dismay.

"What-why you both are staring at me like that-" I doubted.

"What made Ashwattama carry you to the ashram Nihira." Yelled Sehdev, out of anger and his face changed as he bought the topic of Ashwattama.

"Ah-Duryodhan, asked him to. I decreased him but he won't listen to me, I had no option left."

"You could have called us instead." Let out, Nakul.

"How was I supposed to call you, when I was not even in the condition to get up?" I yelled at them, tushti looked at me with baffled eyes, Nakul and Sehdev stared at me wide-eyed, whereas I sat on the ground, with so much remorse and regrets encircling my heart, I felt weak as both of my dearest friends Nakul and Sehdev, felt disgruntled from me.

"Right-sorry, Nakul and Sehdev," I said slowly.

"It's not about apologising Nihira, it's about who helped you, they might create mayhem out of this. He's Duryodhan, you don't know him." Said Nakul coming a little closer to the ground, and sitting beside me he kept his hands upon his knees, looking at me with tenderness and love.

"Nakul, I now know. But trust me Duryodhan is not that bad, he's my friend." I said consoling him.

"A friend to all is a friend to none, Nihira. Remember it." Said Sehdev exiting the tent. I stood there motionless trying to apprehend what he just let out. Nakul lifted his shoulders, I was crammed with bummers as to why even Sehdev hurt-?

"He means to say is, Duryodhan is not worth the chance, he tried to poison Bhrata Bheem when we were back in Hastinapur." Said Nakul, in a low voice that made me look at him with awe and shock. Tushti gave attention to the conversation calmly, she looked sallow and her dark hair fell upon her face, covering her in between.

"What-but why-" I suspected.

"Because-forget it, you're still gonna favour him. Because he's nice to you." Said Nakul standing up from the ground and walking out of the tent.

He left me in stillness. The only friends I have in Gurukul were now ignoring me great going nihari, I thought to myself, when water commenced sealing my eyes and I looked away, unable to look at Tushti who just finished applying ointment upon my leg.

"Thank you tushti, it means a lot," I said, facing the mud wall of the room, her jingling anklets implied that she was standing, I scrolled my eyes to look at her, she stood in front of me with the bowl in her hand, trying to say something.

"Nakul and Sehdev are jealous of Duryodhan, aren't they-" she contested, in a low voice the hush made me feel fragile, I looked at her, but this time her eyes were something else to convey. Her eyes were distinct.

"What do you mean, why would they be jealous." I let out, all bewildered.

"Because they all are Kuru Princes, they are born in amenity and indulgence not like pandu putras, in some woods between the brushes." She said her orbs were thin and a faint smile coated her face.