Chapter 28 : Farewell

I stumbled back to the ashram, my mind in a haze. Tears streaming down my face as I tried to process everything. I made my way to the tent, my eyes puffy from crying and my head pounding. It was indescribable, the pain of being torn apart from him. There was something lodged in my heart that I couldn't shake off. I just couldn't move on from it.

I couldn't stop my tears from flowing as I sat alone in the tent, crying. In a disheveled state, I heard Devpriya didi entering the tent, her anklets making a jingling sound as she got closer. Quickly, I wiped away my tears and composed myself, splashing water filled with rose petals onto my face. As she walked in, she saw me standing awkwardly at the entrance.

"What is wrong with you?" She askes.

"N, nothing." I said, unable to held eye contact with her.

"Then why are you crying?" She questioned.

"I'm not, c-crying. Just sleepy." I replied.

"Don't lie on face atleast." Her voice echoed in my ears.

"I'm not lying, just let me be alone for once." I yelled in frustration at her before returning to my previous spot, tears welling up in my eyes once more. I shut my eyes tightly, unable to shake off the pain of being apart. My nose was congested, and my breathing labored as I sat on the mattress, feeling mentally unsteady.

"What he did now?" She questioned, making me gaspe for air.

"Who?" I wispered.

"As if you don't know, what i am talking about." As she approached me, I sensed the chill of her hands on my shoulders, causing a slight shiver. Sitting down beside me with grace, she exuded the feminine energy that was always a part of her. Gently holding my hand, her demeanor suddenly shifted, her facial muscles tensing and her eyes reflecting disbelief. Placing her palm on my forehead, she checked my temperature with a touch.

"You have fever." She let out.

"Doesn't matter." I wispered.

"We have to go Hastinapur tomorrow, aren't you aware of it? We have the biggest test in a day Nihira." She shouted, getting up in anger.

"I don’t want to go, didi." I said breaking down in front of her, as I began crying like a baby, sobbing as she hugged me very softly.

"I warned you about him." She said, caressing my damp hair.

"But I love him, didi." I said weeping in her arms.

"Then fight for your love, nihira." She uttered.

"I'm ready to fight, but he isn't." I let out.

"Then what kind of love is this? Tell me?" He said, raising up my chin, in her cold palms, my eyes were red from crying and I was in a utterly messy state.

"You won't understand. Leave it." I said grabbing myself up from her embrace, as I once again went to splash some cold water upon my face, which seemed to be so low and puffed up from crying, my trembling hands, for once made the water fall from my grasp. Devpriya didi stood there watching me in awe, what has just happened? I was totally emotionless all these years, and suddenly as if I had an attack of emotions on my body, I felt puzzled and chained up.

The day was yet to pass, tomorrow was the day we were heading towards Hastinapur, leaving all of this behind, the sun had just risen up and the day would be the most troubled for sure, I wouldn't be able to face Ashwattama, from now.

But i wanted him to fight for our love, atleast he should try. I would talk about this to my father, once I'm back to Kambhoj, but I don't know what life helds for me in the coming days, all that i knew was it's all gonna be hectic for sure.