CHAPTER 13 : Enemies?

The night was sleepless, his sight and his aura were just disseminated around me, my mind replayed the scene when he hugged me again and again, a smile that had occurred on my face since morning seemed to be perforate there, there was something in his eyes, twinkling. But still, I was baffled did he feel the same way as I did, or did he just do that to calm me down? I drew breath heavily and turned on the mattress I slept on.

Devpriya didi slept beside me, and Tushti beside her. I thought about Tushti, who has now become Devpriya didi's Best Friend, did she tell her about me-? But Didi has no idea about that, I wanted to know about Tushti and what she was doing here, just attending to Gurudev or there was something else she wanted-? I kept on thinking about her when soon I was taken over by sleep.

* * *

It had been two months since we came to the ashram, yet I didn't feel hideous, I stood at the fencing of the ashram, there was something vague in me, and I had no answer to that, what was I even lacking-? the month of Shravan had begun, clouds were all around the ashram, and a mild cinch blew across my face. I tucked my arms around myself hugging myself for some warmth.

Arjuna, Vikarna and Ashwattama, along with guru Drona were perceptible from afar, practising archery. Since I came into the ashram, I could see the burning fire between Arjun and Ashwattama. They were rivals, Arjun through his body looked the subtlest, his posture was perfect, and I admired him as my brother. He protected me as a sister, even though all the Pandavas were sweet to me, Bharta Bheem shared his laddoos with me, and I could consider this as his art of expressing love. On the other hand, it was Bhrata Yudhishtira and Arjun took care of me as their sister, they even told me about their sister Dushala, and how we could immediately become friends.

Nakul and Sehdev, I could say my saviours from the boring classes of Arthshashtra and Khagol, and sometimes from the gut-wrenching, blood-boiling subject of Archery. They were my best friends, and now when they are not talking to me I feel alone, and empty. I always laughed around them, both of them were opposite to each other yet they were almost identical.

I stood there thinking about everything and everyone I met in Dwapar Yuga when abruptly a big drop of water fell upon my cheeks, and it began to rain. I began running to find shelter and when I turned around to see Ashwattama, they were still practising. No rain could stop Guru Drone from teaching their students. Ashwattama was embarking his arrows like the rockets from Kaliyuga, his facial expressions clearly showed how aggressive he was at that point. His hair was wet from the rain and his eyes were fixed on the target, on the other hand, there was Arjun who too was focused on the target, but his expression was calm.

I turned around and began running towards the storeroom as it was the closest possible refuge, the rain was escorted by heavy storms and thunder. I was drenched in water, my clothes clung to my body, and I slivered the overblown water when I saw Nakul and Sehdev they were coming towards me, running from the rain. As they stood beside me all drenched up and Nakul started yanking his hair, they looked at me for once and made an effort to ignore my presence that I was standing beside them.

I was shivering from the cold wind that brought water along with it, I was standing beside the wall, when a massive thunder smashed and the whole atmosphere lit up. I wrapped my ear with my palms, trying to calm myself down.

"Hmm, I can say it is going to rain very heavily this shrvan." Said Nakul to Sehdev.

"And I've heard about the thunderstorms that are coming in the days ahead, they might impact people." Said Sehdev shaking his head.

"impact people-? What do you mean Sehdev."

"People especially those who wear black clothes, should stay very carefully." Said, Sehdev.