CHAPTER 16 : Sunset

"Provide me with the knowledge of Bharmaastra before arjun."

Gurudev was stunned, Upon hearing Ashwattama's desire, a pang surged through his chest. He was aware that the day would eventually arrive when he would have to impart all his knowledge to him. However, the fact that this day had come so soon was something that Gurudev had never anticipated.

"Who is giving you these absurd ideas-Ashwattama." Guru Drona exclaimed loudly, his voice resonating throughout the ashram. The students, who were engaged in their daily chores, were taken aback upon hearing their teacher raise his voice at his own beloved son.

"Guru Drona, i just wanted to learn something you are providing to your beloved student Arjun, what is wrong in this-?" doubted Ashwattama.

"I've not provided him with this yet, why don't you understand, it's dangerous for you." Shouted Gurudev.

"Yet, it means you are going to impart is soon pitashree. Duryodhan was right, about you being partial towards Arjun." Let out Ashwattama.

"So, Duryodhan is behind this foolish act of yours, how are you even getting influenced by his foolish company." Shouted Gurudev.

"He's my friend pitashree, and I must add the next king of Kuru rashtra too." Claimed Ashwattama. Everyone had ears upon the conversation between Gurudev and Ashwattama. I stood in the kitchen, helping tushti. Trying to gulp down the thought of ashwa, being in a heated conversation with his father, and that too because of Duryodhan. I was so wrong in understanding him, he was truly a slow poison.

"Don't indulge in something stupid son, he's not favouring you. He's just filling your head with nonsense." Shouted Gurudev.

"And the thing you're implying nonsense to, is making sense here. You're being partial. That's it, Gurudev." Let out Ashwattama, taking a deep breath and turning back to leave, but Gurudev halted him.

I will teach you how to obtain Bharmaastra son.

Wispered Gurudev, Ashwattama abruptly stopped in his tracks, his senses transcending all boundaries. A wide grin adorned his face, and his joy knew no bounds. Filled with sudden exhilaration, he eagerly approached his father and humbly touched his feet as a mark of respect. Gurudev reciprocated with a knowing smile, fully aware that his son had fallen into the wrong company.

"When are we starting with the practice pitashree-" questioned Ashwattama.

"Very soon, son-" Gurudev responded with a mixture of disbelief and stress, as he grappled with the urgent need to express his disagreement. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was in the wrong, but his own thoughts paled in comparison to his son's fervent desire. Ashwattama was Gurudev's everything, someone he would go to any lengths for. In that very moment, it seemed as though his wish held the power to become reality.

Ashwattama departed with a wide grin gracing his visage. Observing him stride confidently and joyfully through the ashram caught my attention. Duryodhan and Dussassan, positioned at the opposite side, displayed contented expressions upon witnessing their friend's delight. Yet, a sense of unease overcame me as I contemplated the intense conversation that had transpired between the guru and Ashwattama. I couldn't help but wonder about the nature of their conversation.

"What are you thinking about so deeply nihira-" came over the voice of Devpriya didi, who joins me from behind.

"Nothing-just the work." I reply.

"I think Duryodhan and Ashwattama are planning something fishy." She lets out with suspection.

"What do you mean didi-?" I interrogated her, and she inhales deeply, scanning her surroundings. Her countenance appears dubious, and she squints her eyes as she commences speaking.