The Date

Kess's p.o.v.

I was hanging at the guild out back by the pool, laying back in the lounge chair pink swimsuit cover up over my green tankini.

Had a drink at my side, my messenger bag under the chair, and a magic book that Akira had gave me to read called "Zodiac Rings" and shades on my head. There's only two things to make it more perfect if it happened, one my stalker could get lost and two ...

"Loke what are you doing here I didn't summon you.", My cousin shouts making me smirk as I pretend not to notice his arrival.

" I came to visit with my kitten.", he says as I hear him sit on the lounge chair next to me.

"So today I'm kitten, yesterday I was princess. Haven't made up your mind what to call me aye ", I say as I pull my sunglasses down a little.

"Maybe your both.", he says leaning over to kiss my forehead making me blush "Missed ya."

I fix my shades so I can check him out without him being to tell. Gosh does he look good he's just wearing a open green Hawaiian shirt, and blue trunks with his signature blue shades.

"Glad to see ya showed cutie.", I said making him blush as his eyes skimmed me.

"Me too, you look amazing.", he says "But I was thinking maybe I could take you for a date." as he rubs the back of his head.

"Sure when and where.", I answer noticing the look of joy in his eyes.

"Right now, we'll start with lunch and see where the day goes from there.", he says

"Don't I need to change first?", I ask.

"Actually I got ya covered.", he says as a glow starts at my feet and goes up and in a flash I'm in a different outfit.

Blue jeans and a dressy peasant top and my hair is now in a braid."

He's now in a casual dress shirt and Khaki pants as he smirks offering me his hand which I take as he yanks me up right and I take my messenger bag shoving my book in it. We leave the guild my cousin's jaw on the floor and again I notice my little stalker.

"Loke?", I say nodding as he looks .

"Yea I see him.", he says annoyed sounding.

"Guess the only way to stop him is to scare the crap out of him.", I say as Loke smirks putting a arm around my shoulder .

"I think I have an idea.", he says "Wait here Kess I'll be back" he shouts the last part and darts down an alley and soon he's out of sight.

"Hey old guy did ya need help with something?", comes Loke's booming voice as the old guy falls down in front of me as Loke follows him out.

I study him as I realize who my stalker is and cross my arms while tapping my foot as Loke moves next to me placing a hand over my shoulders.

"So Uncle P.I.T.A. why ya stalking me. You never liked me.", I say as the leader of the Zodiac watches in curiosity.

"Well I was hoping since I'm joining a merchants guild to start fresh I could get five thousand jewels for travel expenses and guild entry fee. It's the least you can do.", he says as I glare.

"You stalked me to hit me up for money, what did you ever do for me. You know besides try to marry me off to some pedo for money telling, me what my non yet existent or conceived baby's gender has to be. Or was it the 3 days I stayed at your house after my family died until I got tired of you verbal abuse, you know cause you wanted to get rid of me by marrying me off and said the pedo was the only guy who would ever look twice at we. ", I say as my uncle's eyes show rage as he throws a fist at me but as I prepare to react it's caught and Loke is eyeing my uncle like he'd like to rip him a new one.

"I don't recommend that course of action Mr. Heartfilia , I won't allow any harm to come to Kess.", Loke says a cold glare on my uncle. "As a gentleman I will protect the lady in my company. And as a man whose declared himself her protector, if you raise your and towards her again I may remove it."

"You stay out of this. It's between me and my niece.", My uncle says "and she does owe me! You cost me a large business deal. And you convinced my own daughter to rebel and turn down her own arranged marriage that would have benefited my company."

My uncle yanks his arm back glaring at me.

"Well since I wouldn't marry anyone I didn't love.", I start.

"You'll be a spinster, no man would want to be saddled with you! Your no better than your mother who ran of with your dad skipping out on her own arranged marriage!", he yells.

"Ok I've heard enough.", I say rolling my eyes "Stop falling me. Catch you again your going for a swim. Come on Loke." as I spin on my heal and walk away pulling Loke with me.

"Don't walk away from me you ingrate!", he shouts.

Loke's p.o.v.

I was slowly boiling at the way Kess's uncle talks to her. It took everything in me not to strike this man down.

I nearly did when he aimed to hit her. No one should strike a lady.

I let Kess lead me away as she pulled my hand as we walked away from the shouting.

I watch as he runs at Kess but as he nears I pull her to me so that he misses and hold my other hand out.

"If you try and touch my princess again I won't keep playing nice.", I say "And for you information I wouldn't mind spending my life with her. Any man who can't see how amazing she is isn't worthy of her. " As I adjust my glasses as they both gasp "Now if you'll excuse me we're on a date and I'd like to work on earning that right, by winning her heart."

At that we leave the stunned older man and Kess lets me lead her to the café I had set up for lunch, where it's like the earlier un-pleasantries

didn't happen.

  It was like a unwritten agreement we were just gonna enjoy ourselves. Which we did , and I couldn't help but enjoy the sound of her laugh and sight of her smile.

"So where's your fairy tail mark?", she asks as we walk along the boardwalk later.

"Oh it's on my back. I'll show you.", I say as I remove my shirt chuckling as she blushes and ignoring the shiver as her fingers brush along it and how good it feels.

"Hey I have a tattoo in the same spot on my back. Well a little lower.", she says smiling.

"Really?", I ask and she nods.

"Ya wanna see, it's our Zodiac sign.", she says cocking her head cutely making me blush deep red.

"Sure.", I say with a gulp as she pulls the back of her shirt up just a little ways and there its stares at me. My, well our zodiac symbol as she put it done up in a gold color as I trace it I marvel how soft her skin is under it.

"Wow that's really ehm", I stop to clear my throat. "That's really something . How long have you had it?"

"I guess around 2 years ago, by that time I thought when I couldn't find you or your key that you'd died.", she says putting her shirt back down and then taking my hand in one of hers as the other traces my face and I lean into it for a few before I lean down and press my lips to hers and we stay that way for a while as I pull her against me.

"I love you Loke.", she says when we finally part our lips.

It's time to talk to Akira, he's right I want forever with her.