trial turns to war

Loke's p.o.v.

I wanted Kess to leave but she and Caprico were going hard at it, but for some reason she was relying only on her tele kinetics and hand to hand.

We'd already stopped his "spirits" from killing Lucy, and he was solely focused on us.

"Kess give up your just that weak little girl you always were, and I can't wait to finish with you what I started with your mother.", he taunts as the only look in my mates eyes is cold and calculating "After all this is your fault that the Heartfillia's fired me." as he fires a blast at making her fly back

making me shout "Kess", but luckily I'm able to catch her so she doesn't hit anything as she gives me a grateful look with her amazing lavender grey eyes.

"No Zodeo, Aunt Layla just realized you were a creep.", she says as she looks up at him as I set her against a wall.

"Ah Kess I'll have my new body and you'll be my toy.", he chuckles as I feel rage fill me.

"You'll never touch her!" I shout charging him head on as we fight head on as we continue to fight exchanging punches and blasts.

"Regulas Blast!", I shout striking him in the middle forcing a dark cloud out of him that hovers then shoots in my chest

"Loke no!", I hear as Kess's anguished cry reaches my ears as all I see is a bunch of stone pillars covered in shadows as they all charge me "Loke fight him."

As he takes over despite my fighting he shows me vision after vision of exactly what he's thinking of doing to my mate as I fight. The anger makes me fight harder as I work to regain control of my body as he leers at Kess and begins to use my body to attack my mate. He manages to toss her into a wall of the ruins hard but she uses it to pull herself up.

I continue to struggle against him as I suddenly feel my body stop moving and realize she's immobilizing me as I continue to fight Zodeo as he's merged with me.

"Loke you have to fight him, I need you.", she says as I hear her voice full of sadness

"Oh I'll give you what you need.", Zodeo says cackling until Kess's round kick connects with my head. Soon I feel my own light surge through me as Capricorn, whose now free of Zodeo strikes my middle causing my own light to expel and me to drop to the ground as Kess rushes to my side crouched by me aiding me in standing up as Zodeo, whose now standing before the three of us human, as he begins to disintegrate into stardust. As we watch I keep my arm around her shoulder as hers is under mine and around me and Capricorn on my other side.

"So that's what happens to those who break a magic law.", I say when he's gone.

"Unfortunately Loke this is only the beginning. My vision I think its coming true.", she says looking at me as her emotions swirl in her eyes.

"I see Ms. Kyle has gotten her dad's future visions.", Capricorn says.

"Rarely, like one led me to Akira.", she says now that we're both watching him.

"So what happened to you Capricorn?", I ask which results in a long story about zodeo working for Lucy's parents and getting fired after being given Capricorn's key as a result of assaulting Kess's mother and Kess and a discussion of his next moves before he returns ahead of me to the spirit world.

Leaving me alone with Kess whom I force to let me check her out for injuries and to rest a few and get healed a little by Freya.

She's seated next to me quietly leaning on me as we're reluctant to separate even though I need to recharge. "Loke, if something happens to me remember, I'll come back to you.", she says her eyes glossy as her fingers brush the side of my face when she looks up at me, her eyes all glossy in concern for me.'' We're going to war today as a guild, and even if I'm gone awhile or don't notice time pass know I love you, and my heart is with you."

At her words I crashed my lips down on hers as her hands tangled in my hair our glasses tossed aside and forgotten as I pull her against me as the urgency in her kiss matched mine. If her vision was right we may not have a moment like this again for awhile. As we kissed I took in and memorized her and everything I could about her, so if I wasn't recharged in time to return to her side I'd never forget a thing about her.

Kess's p.o.v.

After Loke'd let me go he had to return to the spirit world to recharge. But he promised he'd come to me as soon as he was recovered.

I was now running through the woods looking for my friends. Eventually I heard Gray grumbling. "Gray!", I shout as he turns around as I run up to him. "I was wondering how long I'd have to run before I found someone, where's Lucy and Cana? Loke said they were with you?"

"Beats me. Out of the Blue Cana wants to split up and starts playing with Lucy's boobs and they take off on me.", He says.

"That's weird. You'd think since we're practically at war here they'd wanna stick together. Unless.", I say putting my hand to my chin in thought.

"Unless what.", he says.

"Unless Cana wanted to lose you so she could go find Mavis Grave and Lucy figured it out.", I say tapping my foot.

"Dang her, why didn't I think of it.", he says.

"Eh Cana's so obsessed with getting S-class its the only thought on her mind.", I say as we start to walk "But I have a feeling we're not gonna be very worried about that soon.", I say as his face turns red.

"Why's my face so hot!", he says as I put my hand to his temple.

"I have no Idea but it looks like blushing. ", I say as I study his face when he suddenly drops to his knees in pain.

"What's wrong with my body?", he says as I notice a strange glowing band on his wrist.

"I'm not sure but I think this is part of it. I'll call Akira in Chibi size he'll know.", I say as I draw the Key "Open gate of the Dragon, Akira in Chibi form." with a puff of glowing smoke appears the Dragon in his small size.

"You called.", he says coming by us.

"Yes can you tell me what this band on Gray's wrist is?", I say as he looks it over.

"It's a old form of body link magic. It makes the wearer feel the pain of a person he's linked to. It can kill him if the other person dies.", he says as Gray groans in pain again.

"How do I break the link?", I ask as our eyes meet.

"Use your telepathy and follow the link and sever it at the juncture mentally. You'll have to touch the band. But a warning if he dies while your following the link you may die to.", he says.

"Then I better get to work. Akira stand guard until I'm all here.", I say sitting by Gray as I place my hands on his band and take a deep breath before I begin to follow the link. It's quite a distance as I follow it trying to ignore the pain coming. As I find it's juncture I realize the caster has linked herself and one other to it. If I sever her at the juncture it should free the other mystery victim.

I focus hard on the juncture as I begin to unravel the link as I sever it. Once done I feel relief as I'm no longer experiencing the pain or extreme emotions as I withdraw back into my mind feeling exhausted again. Once I'm done I look at Gray who sits up in relief.

"Thanks Kess.", He says

"Your welcome I pass out now.", I say as I fall when I feel darkness take over luckily I don't hit the ground.