Kyo, Tai, and a ring

Loke's p.o.v.

"Akira! Akira!", I shout looking around the area the Dragon of the Chinese Zodiac liked to sun himself as I'd been looking for him.

I had lots of questions and I think he knew some answers.

"He's off training with Kess.", comes the shout of Kyo the cat spirit as I spot him where he's sitting with Tai the tiger as they drink from a water bottle.

"Training?", I ask.

"Ya, a few times a month Kess puts aside time to train with her different spirits. Akira usually attends.", Kyo says

"Man Kyo you were tough this time, but her sword skills are improving.", Tai says smirking as Kyo chuckles.

It explained how she had the power to summon the Dragon, she must train a lot. I'd noticed she had more power than some past masters, but apparently she took this serious. I was actually glad to know that she didn't rely on missions alone to get stronger.

"Well I needed to have a talk with him about something, how long will the training go?", I say wondering if I'd get called.

"Until Kess is exhausted, don't worry she usually lets us know ahead of time if she's gonna train with us. It's so we don't get worried when she calls us. Akira takes the most to call so when he returns she'll be done since she used his key this time.", Tai says "But sometimes we drop in and watch her train with the others if we aren't training. "

"So how did you two meet our lovely master.", I say and I notice they look at each other like there having a silent communication.

"My master had attached a shackle around my neck to prevent me from closing my gate and going home and had set to blasting his magic at me as punishment for loosing an arena battle., "Kyo starts as he looks into space,

Flash back in Kyo's p.o.v.

"Stop it can't you see he's hurting!", yells a pained voice as the next strike from flames doesn't hit me as I look up there's this crazy ravenette standing protectively over me sword in hand.

"He's just a toy, it's all he'll ever be.", my master says as I glare at him.

"He's already hurt, and I won't allow you to make him suffer anymore. I suggest you release him from his contract or I'll release him my self.", she says glaring at him "He has feelings, he's not some toy. He's a person."

My heart felt so warm at her words and I promised myself if I lived I'd protect her all the days of her life.

"Kyo kill her!", he says to me and I struggle to fight attacking her as I try to not obey for once.

"Kyo, huh well here.", she says as she pins me straddling me and does something to the shackles on me that removes them rather quickly.

"Now rest and close your gate while I knock the crap out of your master your to exhausted to fight..", she smirks as her lavender grey eyes dance as she gets off me pulling forth another key

"Open gate of the Thunder Barer Thor!", she calls as A large Viking with red hair and a beard appears

"Ready and willing to serve Kess.", Says Thor grinning.

"I need a little help Thor this man likes to abuse his spirits, I need help fighting him and keeping his spirit's out of the fray.", she says winking at me as I pass out and wake in the spirit world.

Once I've recovered I open my gate hoping against hope that that angel that came to my aid had won.

What I find is her sleeping in the woods against the tree.

I sit in front of her as she rests but her eyes flicker open after a short time.

"How are you feeling Kyo.", she says looking at me kindly.

"Why? Why did you save me? " I ask.

"You were suffering. I could feel your pain", she says "No one deserves to be abused. My job is to free spirits from abusive contracts."

I looked at her and I could tell be her scent she held no lie.

"Then I want you to keep my key, I want to make a contract with you. No one has ever stood up for me before.", I say .

"Partners then.", she says holding out her had which I take.

"Partners.", I agree

Flashback over back to Loke's p.o.v.

"Wow!", was all I could say as my stomach did flips as I fell deeper in love with this woman as I could see a devoted look on Kyo's face.

"What about you Tai?"

"Well I attacked her.", Tai starts

Flash back Tai's p.o.v.

"Open gate of the Tiger Tai!", shouts my master and I have to wonder what mage she's attacking for her keys now.

In front of where we stood a gorgeous ravenette armed with a sword.

 "Yes master.", I say as she flashes her orange eyes at me as her orange hairs all wet.

"Kill her and take her keys, so I can find some spirits that aren't losers like you!", she shouts as I roll my eyes before charging her with my sword as she blocks my first swing and then I fly backwards into the tree.

"You worthless piece of crap kill her!", my master again shouts as she begins to gag and I find myself stuck.

"How dare you belittle your spirit like that. I won't allow you to have my keys and even if I die they'll vanish away from you.", the ravenette says. "So I'll give you an option, either release him from his contract or I with break it for him."

I was shocked. She wanted me freed from my crazy key holder.

"Tai you piece of crap I want her dead right now!", she shouts but my body's trapped and I watch as the dark hair places a knife to my holders neck.

"Consider this contract terminated then.", my defender says as she slices open my key holders neck and the light leaves her eyes as she chokes on her own blood before she drops to the ground dead as Kess removes her keys as I stare at her as she then looks at me her gaze softening.

"Are you alright?", she says

"Yes. Um could you maybe use my services?", I rush out.

"Rest up we'll make our contract later.", she says

"What's your name?", I ask

"Kess Kyle.", she says as I close my gate.

flash back over Loke's p.o.v. again.

"Wow, that's something.", I say thoughtfully as the gate closes and suddenly the Large seafoam green dragon appears and lays down fixing his eyes on me.

"Why hello Loke. What brings you here?", he says smirking at least that's what I think it is.

"Ya you said if I wanted to make a human more than my girlfriend someday you'd tell me how.", I ask.

"Well get comfortable as I tell you about the celestial rings.", he starts "In fact she's reading a book I recommended to her right now about it."

"What are the celestial rings.", I say.

"It's a failsafe made in case a spirit and there key holder fell in love. It's where her copy of your key with get changed into a ring. In the spirit world there's a trial cave that you and your intended would have to pass together. You'd begin together, then split up and eventually come back together. At the end if you pass a ceremony is performed and the key becomes a ring which you'd have to place on her hand, and as a animal spirit you'd have to mark her. The ring makes it so you don't have to return to the spirit world as often and she can cross through as she chooses using your gate. The mark gives you the ability to mind link her , as well as you'd feel if she's in pain and vice versa.", he begins "But I warn you I don't know what the trial will entail so you have to be certain. "

"I believe I'm becoming more certain every day.", I say.