Nominated

author's note Kess's partner for the trials is still undecided so if anyone has any ideas i'm curious to hear.

Kess p.o.v.

Lucy did eventually explain the whole Edolas thing, and then I moved my stuff from Fairy hill to Loke's apartment which wasn't hard cause all I had was a few linens, books, and clothes. We hadn't told anyone about us being married and had planned to wait until after the S-Class trials.

I was heading to the guild after having showered off the sweat from a training session with my spirits.

Tai had really made me work my sword work today, and Loke had appeared to watch and give pointers on where he spotted openings.

At one point I spared Kyo and Tai together as Akira watched amused. I was feeling clean and refreshed as me and Loke were chilling on the couch me reading as Loke played with my hair reading over my shoulder.

I was wearing track pants and a blue tank top my hoodie draped over the couch as he was in a t-shirt and jeans his shades on his head as my head rested against him when I heard Warren in my head.

"Everyone report to the guild the master has an important announcement.", Warren says as Loke tightens his grip around my torso. Due to our mental link when my walls down like now he can hear my thoughts and by extension any telepathic messages sent my way.

"I guess I better head to the guild.", I say stretching as he presses his face in the crook of my neck.

"Hurry back.", he says before kissing it making shivers run up and down my spine.

"Loke!", I whine as he chuckles before kissing me there again.

"Ok, I'll let you up for now.", he says as I get up and he smirks as I grab my hoodie throwing it on as I grab my keys and messenger bag.

"Keep that up and I'm gonna have to find a way to teach you a lesson.", I say teasingly despite how red my face is as he chuckles.

"Careful I might enjoy that.", he says teasingly as I tie my hair up and head out running to the guild where we're ushered into an auditorium and the S-Class wizard candidates are announced.

It was no surprise when they called Gray or Natsu, I figured they were lead contenders. They then proceeded to Elfman, Levy,Cana, Juvia to my shock and Mest a guy that's presence made my head hurt like something was battering my mental defensive walls. Then to my surprise they called me. Why would they call me, when one I'm a newbie, two there are hundreds of candidates that worked hard for this, and cared more than I did.

'Hey beautiful what's this pressure on your mental walls I'm feeling through our link.' , comes Loke's soothing voice in my head as people congratulate us.

'It's from being in the vicinity of Mest, once he leaves it'll ease up. There's something off about him.', I say back as I watch Mest leave.

'You seem conflicted.', he says sounding concerned as I rub my head.

'I'll tell you when I get home.', I say watching the others as I rub my head glad when Mest leaves and the pressure In my head leaves but annoyed by the headache leftover.

The headache was dizzying in and of itself. I just needed to get home and take a nice bath, and I'm sure it would be ok.

I headed out and headed home glad that the fresh air was clearing things up. I walked home taking my time as I began to debate partners for the trial. I had a feeling Lucy was gonna offer for Cana, and Natsu already had Happy. Gajeel was volunteering for Levy, while I remembered from a chat with Loke he'd promised to be Gray's partner if this came up. So who would I pick. Maybe Wendy, she'd be cool. I felt a familiar pressure as I spotted Mest talking Wendy into helping him as I sigh. Well that's out.

I lean on the wall as I wait for him to leave so that the pressure will as Loke appears next to me.

"The pressure's back?", he asks as I nod.

"It's like there's a spell trying to attack my mental wall every time they guy's in five feet of me.", I say wincing as I rub my temples "I'm gonna have to put a stronger wall up for the trials."

"Trials?", he says scooping me up bridal style as I lean into him.

"Ya, some how I got nominated for the S-Class trials and so is he. Somethings not right about him.", I say "You know I can walk".

"Well let's get you home so you can have that bath you were thinking about. That and him being away should help that headache of yours. And I can feel the dizziness from the headache so no your not walking", he says soothingly as we eventually reach home and he carries me in setting me on the couch gently before he grabs my bag and keys and hangs them before going to the bathroom where I hear the tub faucet.

Thankfully the pressure's gone so it's just the leftover headache. I rest my head against the couch and soon Loke helps me into the hot bubble bath with lavender in it and I lay my head back on the towel he folded up for a pillow.

"Thank you.", I say as I close my eyes.

"Any time kitten.", he says as I feel his lips brush my head.

"You mean anytime until the trial.", I say "Cause your Gray's partner."

"Hey I mean anytime, Just cause I can't work with you on the trial doesn't mean I can't ogle you.", he says and I hear the smirk in his voice.

"Yea but if I'm gonna compete against Mest, I'll need to figure out why he's causing headaches. ", I say "Otherwise I have to hope someone else takes him out till his spell wears off. It's like there's this pressure trying to force information in that's false. I've never seen him before his nomination and Suddenly it's like I have these fake memories trying to enter my mind. Like an attack"

"I'll help. I can't help you in the trial but I can help push out the fake memories and strengthen your wall. It won't be right if you loose cause your not a 100%. Want you at full strength if I have to face you. ", he says.

"If you think it'll help I'll try it.", I say as he places his hand in the tub where my heart is.

'Now focus on my voice.', he says in my head as my eyes close. I feel a wave of peace and love flow through me as he speaks 'Regulas fill her up.'

I feel the headache lesson as the false memories are pushed out as the pain lightens and starts to dissipate. Soon the pains gone and I feel relief as I finally relax and let out a breath in relief.

"That's a lot better.", I say.

"Just keep your end of the link open and I can help until the trials.", he says as we share a smirk. "So any ideas on who you'll partner with."

"I'm not sure, I guess I'll pick......."

"Loke you there I'm coming in!", shouts Gray as our eyes widen as he bursts in the bathroom "Whoa why's Kess in your tub"

"Gray get out before you miss the trial cause I've knocked the crap out of you early!", I shout