The infinity clock

Kess pov

I woke slowly as the light peered in and could here Warren's voice from my communications lacrima in my bag calling me. I groaned and snuggled closer to the Lion spirit sharing my bed who let out a chuckle as I try to ignore it.

"If you let me go, I can get it for you, and we can return to cuddling while you answer.", he says teasingly.

I think about it debatingly since I'd had a long week. I'd been on a long job and just completed it as well as reestablishing, multiple contacts for my family being the last surviving member. So saying I was tired was understating. It had been Loke's idea to get a room at a resort and enjoy some rest and recreation.

"Fine but after we should order some room service.", I say pouting as I look up into his eyes from my spot.

"Anything for you my princess.", he says as he disentangles from me and grabs my lacrima quickly returning it to me and as I make my call he contacts room service.

"Alright Warren what did you want?", I say sitting up wiping the sleep from my eyes.

"I had questions about your cousin Michelle.", he says as I rack my brain.

"Warren my only living relative is Lucy. I don't have a cousin Michelle.", I reply wondering what he's smoking.

"Well she says she's you and Lucy's cousin and just showed up out of the blue one day with the hand from the Infinity clock.", he says.

"Nope no cousins named Mich.... Wait did you say the Infinity clock?? Please tell me you had Gajeel eat it. ", I ask as I sit up more alert as Loke sits down by me.

"So you've heard of the clock?", Macao asks.

"Yes, and I know about the stupid children's book about it. If any pieces are found they should be destroyed so it can never see day light.", I say firmly.

"Well unfortunately it's assembled and the Oracion Seis has stolen the clock from us. We're currently sending teams to the cathedrals that the Seis are attacking. Actually Gray and Freed are going to one near where you are.", Warren says.

"Gray and Freed, what crackhead thought that was a good idea?", I ask.

"Why Cana, and her cards.", Makarov says.

"Sir that's a horrible pairing and If the other teams are half as bad you should see if Cana's feeling ok.", I say.

But just to be safe I'll head to the cathedral. Unlike my friends I know what's being hidden there. I guess you could say Neville is a deceased great uncle.

"I'll finish up here check on Gray and Freed then return to the guild.", I say.

"One thing Kess are you sure you don't know a Michelle Lobster?", Macao asks.

"Macao the only Michelle Lobster I ever knew was a doll that Lucy used o play with.", I say getting a bad feeling.

After I release the lacrima I look up at Loke.

"So what's the infinity clock?", he asks as I open up the mind link and give him everything I know about it.

From what it really is, to why it's dangerous as I lean my forehead on him. I do this so he'll realize how dangerous the clock is as he strokes my hair.

Several hours later I arrive at the Cathedral just as Gray and Freed do.

"Kess what are you doing here.", Gray says as I survey the knights and spot Angel.

"I'm here to protect what she's after in that cathedral.", I say approaching the two men as I step between them.

"Ya she's my Angel and I'm here to protect her.", says an annoyingly familiar voice.