Battling Angel

Loke's p.o.v.

I came out my gate at Lucy's call to come face to face again with Angel. The girl who attacked Kess with her guild before.

"Well if I had any doubt's Kyle was dead, seeing you call one of her spirits was plenty of proof.", Angel says holding a gold key

as I feel my heart stop.

"No, Kess. What did you guys do to my cousin when you took her.", Lucy says in tears pain in her voice.

"She hid her keys from us, telling us I'd have them over her dead body.", Angel says tauntingly "Open gate of the ram Aries!"

And there is my friend, and now I need to beat my friend so that the mage that claims to have killed my love can pay.

"Leo!", Aries gasps.

"It's ok Loke, I won't make you fight your friend I'll send you back.", she says as rage fills my heart as flashes of Kess's smiling face go through my mind. The thought that my princess might be gone was so painful.

"No Lucy, this is the life of a spirit. We battle each other and it gives us pride to serve our masters this way.", I say as Aries nods with a small smile. "And some one needs to pay for extinguishing Kess's light. For harming my princess." as I clench my fists.

"Angel stop this there friends don't make them do this. Leo and Aries care for each other.", Lucy says

"Don't you wanna know how I killed your cousin?", Angel says as I battle Aries "first Brain attacked her mind and Midnight gave her a wonderful nightmare, while racer and cobra struck her and hot eye blasted her trying to get her to give us her keys location. "

I knew for a fact Kess kept her keys in a secret pocket in her messenger bag so they'd be hard pressed to find them.

"Why, she's one person.", Lucy says

"Who holds rare keys and knows how to find more.", Angel says rolling her eyes before calling a silver key forth which is a cannon. "After the last blast she stopped moving so we figured she was dead as the house we trapped her in collapsed on top of her. She never got a chance to use her magic due to magic cancelling rope on her wrists. "

My blood was already running cold at the thought I might never hold my girlfriend again.

"Good thing my spirits drop in randomly cause they love me then.", comes Kess's strong voice as I'm rammed out of the way of a laser blast

just as Aries is hit by my bound girlfriend whose covered in cuts and scrapes making me freeze taking her all in.

"Kess your alive.", Lucy says as I help Kess up.

"Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. That's why assumption is the mother of all screw ups.", Kess says with a naughty smirk

as I note she's wearing jean shorts and a ripped blue tank top. "Now Loke if you can grab the knife strapped to my thigh I can take out the trash."

I pull her by her wrists against me as she wraps said leg around me. "As always at your command my princess.", I say pulling it from the holster hidden up her shorts leg and cut her loose before we return our attention to Angel.

"How she had your key.", Angel blurts.

"Actually I have two keys.", I say adjusting my sunglasses

"Open gate of the thunder bearer Thor!", she shouts and out comes the Viking spirit.

"Thor take down that stupid cannon.", she says looking at him as he nods and causes thunder an lightning to come down blasting the cannon back into the spirit world. Then our attention turns to Angel as she stands with me.

"Now I'm gonna personally kick your but Angel.", Kess says

"You know princess you are hot when you get angry.", I say sensing her anger towards Angel.

"Well no one screws with my spirits and she's after Akira.", Kess says "And you."

"We charge her together as Kess draws her sword and slashes while I punch and kick at Angel as she calls forth Gem and mini.

"Gem and mini turn into Lucy at said moment and use her voice "Leo kill Kess!"

"And suddenly my body is struggling against the command as the real Lucy yells for me not to as I aim a fist for my princess.

"Loke no.", Kess says sheathing her sword as Lucy begs me to close my gate.

Suddenly my hand is caught and Kess is wrapped around me and her scents everywhere.

"Thor get her!", Kess shouts as I burry my face in her neck.

"You forget miss no it all, Leo is a lion spirit. I'm one of his key holders and my scent and voice together over power Lucy's voice coming from a pair of spirits.

"How do you know this stuff?", Lucy scolds as Kess whispers loving things in my ear.

"Thunder from Valhalla strike down thine enemy", Thor yells as I look up and he holds his hammer as his circle grows gold before acting as a rod absorbing the lightning and firing the charge at Angel whom screams loudly before collapsing as Gem and mini fade away.

"Are you ready to see Freya now milady?", Thor says as Kess lets me go.

"Can't you just call her.", I say as I release her and notice she's got something tied tight on her bicep.

"She got bit by Cobra's snake.", Thor says.

"Lucy can you handle getting hot head so he don't fall over the waterfall?", Kess asks as I study her.

"Ya just hurry back we need you?", Lucy says as I scoop Kess knowing that poison's harsh.

"I'll be back as soon as I can.", Kess says as I and Thor go through our gates.

"I set her on my couch just as Freya enters and begins to purge the poison.

"They said you were dead how did you survive.", I say as I stroke her face holding her hand.

"Well I called Akira in his Chibi form and when the building fell he shielded me with his magic shield.", she says as I kiss her face gently on the side as Freya works as I take in the cuts and everything.

"It's ok it looks worse then it is. Right Freya?", she smiles as the Norse woman smirks.

"Ja the eternal bleeding and bruised ribs I ealed along mit the poison in your system is a lot less bad the it looks.", Freya says chucking as Kess rolls her eyes "But you ave been worse."

"Not anymore my princess, because after the trial I'll stay by your side all I can.", I say taking Kess's hand to kiss it.