Chapter 5

"Well, yes. You should slow down on the flirtations, pretty boy. You're cheesy." I spoke to Jacob. "So I'm not allowed to flirt but you are?" he asked. I gave him the finger guns. I saw him roll his eyes and then stare back into my eyes. I felt a bit awkward and stepped back a bit. He steps closer and leans in.

I try to back away. Sure, I like him, but I don't want to kiss him. Katie walks in and saves me from the moment. "Jacob, choose your room. Oh, and the master bedroom is ours." she said. "Wait, why must I be in a separate room?" he asked. Katie replied "I have my many reasons. First, you're a guy, and I don't trust you around girls who aren't related to you. Second, you're a boy, you can't share a room with us because of privacy. Third, you're stronger than Bridget and I combined,which you can look after yourself."

Jacob rolls his eyes and speaks "Fine, I get it. You don't need to continue. I'll just get my stuff and pick a room near the master bedroom, incase something happens." He leaves to get his stuff and puts it in a room upstairs. "Are you always harsh to your brother?" I ask. Katie then glares at me and says harshly "If I were you, I'd not fall for his tricks. He may be my brother, but he hasn't learnt how keep a relationship. Just stay away from him."

I was a bit confused by her tone. She seemed upset with my question, but she warns me. Just be straight forward with me Katie. I have no idea what she want from me. Always gotta give me riddles. I sigh and head to Jacob.

"Do you have a blanket with you?" I asked him. He replies "Thankfully yes. I can even share it with another person, if you would like?" I answer "No thanks. I just wanted to make sure you will sleep warm and well. There aren't any good condition blankets. They were all ripped. We only have a one-person blanket. It's warm, but not big enough." He then gives me his blanket and then takes the other blanket. "There. That should be better for you both. And I don't want any of you to suffer from the coldness." I smile and respond "Thank you. We're gonna sleep well tonight."

"No problem." he replied and smiled. I head to the master bedroom and place the bedroom. I spot Katie on her phone by the bags. I see she moved them up here. "Jacob gave us his blanket in exchange for ours. We'll both sleep well tonight." I said. She just sat there, looking at her phone.

I sit next to her on the floor. I spot her looking at pictures of her with Michael. "Are you okay?" I ask. She responds "What do you think? The person closest to me is gone. My twin is gone." She stands up and lies on the bed, her back facing me. I could tell she needed a hug, but not from me or Jacob.

She wanted to be left alone so I left the room and closed the door quietly. I head downstairs, walking towards the kitchen. I thought of making her some cooked food, since we've only eaten bread and tuna for 2 days. I fry some eggs still left in the fridge. It's no use carrying eggs in your bag if you're trying to escape from werewolves.

I take a packet of bacon and fry it as well. I spread margarine on bread and and dish up the egg and bacon. I put a plate infront of Jacob's room. I then bring Katie's food and mine to the master bed room. "Here's dinner. I thought you might like something fresh for once." She gave me a thankful look and started eating.