Chapter 17

I didn't know what to think about her leaving straight after my confession. I was left confused but decided to leave her alone so she can give me a response. I decide to talk to Oliver to see if he's okay. "Hey Oliver, how are you doing?" I ask after entering the room where Tyler is helping Oliver with his bleeding scratch marks. "Oh hey Bridget...I'm doing alright thanks. How are you?" Oliver said with a bit of concern. "Me? I didn't think you'd ask about me." I said.

"Why would we not? You must be feeling overwhelmed about the upcoming battle." Tyler said, finishing up with aiding wounds and packing up. "Right, that..." I said, lowering my voice. I then ask "Can we change the subject?" Oliver and Tyler nod their head. "You know Kate? Well, I kinda confessed my feels to her and she ran to the main room and closed the door."

I then see Tyler give his closed energy drink to Oliver. I assumed they made a bet. "Well, why don't you talk to her?" Oliver asked. "I think I might have told her at the wrong time. She's probably still upset with me risking my life again to save humanity." Oliver touched my shoulder and replied "Well, you can't change it, but you can still communicate with her. I mean, you guys seem to be the only ones here that seem like best friends. Maybe you'll be more that best friends once this whole thing is over."

I take a deep breath in and out. I then walk to the main bedroom. I knock on the door and Kate replies "Uh, I'm a little busy at the moment." I answer "It's me, Bridget. May we talk?" Kate opens the door slowly and says "Uh, sure. Sorry for running away earlier. You must probably think I'm an asshole." I walk in and respond "Well, you didn't know what to do since you probably didn't except it. I'm sorry for creeping you out."

Kate then replies in shock "Creeped me out? Why would you creep me out?" I then ask in shock "Wait, you don't think that me having feelings for you is uncomfortable?" Kate laughs and answers "Of course not, I like you too. It's just that I kinda had my own vision of confessing to you..." I then slapped my face and said "Shit, I am so sorry." Kate held my hand and said "How about you come inside the room, then we can talk privately?" I agree and close the door behind me.

I then ask "So, how long have you had feelings for me?" Kate replied "Quite a while actually. You were an amazing friend to Michael. He knew I liked you but didn't say a thing. I liked how you treated people around you with respect, even when they don't towards you. I actually can't figure out why I gained feelings for you but I assume it's because of your personality." I noticed her blushing a little. "Are you blushing?" I teased. "What? Me, blushing? No, you must be seeing things." she replied.

She slaps me with a pillow and I fight back. We eventually get tired of hitting each other. I switch the torch off and lay in bed. Kate takes my hand while we're both laying down. I can't believe she feels the same for me. It's still scary to attempt to kiss her, even if it's just a peck.

"Hey Bridget? Are you nervous about fighting the werewolf leader?" Kate asks. I reply "Yeah, quite a lot. I'm also scared to face him. Last time I did, he almost killed me." Kate hugs me. "Well, you are very brave. Making a deal with him was brave enough for me. You are an amazing person. I believe in you."

"Aw, thank you." I replied. We then fall asleep. The next day, we got ready for the morning. I trained in my werewolf form. I tried to use my absorbtion powers, but I failed terribly. "Why can't I control my powers!?" I yell in frustration.

I sit there alone in the stadium. "What am I going to do?" I ask myself. I start tearing up. I cry alone for a while but then the white werewolf appears. I stop crying and wipe my tears. "I see you are stressed." the werewolf said. "STRESSED!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? I AM MORE THAN STRESSED!!" I yelled.

I take a deep breath and continue "Sorry, it's just that I don't think I have enough time to prepare myself. Three days? Why am I so stupid? I'm going to get everyone killed!" The werewolf sat next to me and replied "It is a difficult position you are in, but I believe you can reach your goal." I sigh in disbelief. "For some reason, I don't believe you." I said. The white werewolf sat there, saying nothing, staring at the sky. "Well, neither of us will know what will happen, but you will survive. You are one of the strongest beings I know." The werewolf said.

I then closed my eyes and felt the wind blowing gently on my face. "How do I even know when I'll be able to use my powers?" I said. The werewolf replied with "I met an absorber before. He told me the power comes when you need it most." I smile, remembering that all of my friends are supporting me through everything. "I guess I should head back to base. It's nice to know that the werewolf leader is leaving us alone until the battle." I said. The werewolf nodded and then walked away.

I head back to the base and greet everyone. Jacob came back later with food and we all started eating. Jacob started getting used to me being around. We talk but Jacob was the only one not talking. "Hey Jacob?" Tyler asked. "Yeah?" He answered. "So, what would you like to say to us?" Tyler said.

Jacob dropped down his fork on his plate and froze. "W-what do you mean?" Kate and I then pulled a face of confusion. Tyler added "You know? You being weird?" Jacob started getting uncomfortable but replied "Oh, well. I guess I have to come clean and apologize, right?" Tyler nods.

"Spill it." Kate commanded. Jacob swallowed air and said "Well, you see. When Kate and Bridget rescued me from being trapped in the stadium, underneath rubble, I thought I really liked Bridget. But then I got a bit upset because Bridget started risking her life to save us. I felt like she didn't want to live. And when she said she was a werewolf, I got scared. I was also confused by who I liked. This apocalypse really has messed with me. Kate and I had a fight about me treating everyone like garbage, which I really apologize for btw. I discovered that Kate and Bridget had feelings for each other so I got upset. I didn't even realize I was possessed but I did things I couldn't stop myself from doing. I would love to owe up to what I've done." I was shocked by his confession, but I saw Kate was more shocked about Jacob spilling the tea about us. Tyler and Oliver just looked at the two of us and we started to blush. Oliver then shouted "Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss!" Tyler started joining Oliver on cheering us on.

I interrupted them by saying "Boys, we have more important things to deal with!" Kate continued "Jacob, is that what you were upset about the other day? I'm so sorry. I didn't know that you were having difficulties. I should have been there to support you." Jacob replied "You didn't know because I didn't tell you. I did stupid things and I want to owe up to it. To everyone." We all hugged him. "It's alright dude" Tyler said.