Chapter 18

We start getting ready the next morning. The group cheered me on as I trained. I still couldn't use my absorption powers. I tried it on other werewolves but I had no luck. I continue training, pushing myself till I can't move anymore. Obviously I took breaks, which were short, but they still count as breaks. Don't argue with me.

I got pulled away by the group because I was pushing myself too hard, even though I could have easily escaped from them. We all ate food together and I decided to go to bed early. I needed to sleep. I struggled to fall asleep because of the fear of facing tomorrow. I decide to wash my face in the bathroom. Kate walks in and notices that I'm awake.

"Why are you still awake?" she asked me. "I can't sleep. I don't want to sound like a coward, but I'm actually scared about tomorrow." I answered. She replied "Well, it's your fault for challenging the enemy to a battle you'll definitely regret later on." I respond "Hey! I took action. When it's in the heat of the moment, I don't think properly." Kate replied "Still keeping my statement. You need to deal with your actions. You have no choice but to kick that so called overlord's ass. Don't forget to mention what mess you have to fix afterwards." I respond in tears "I thought you liked me. Why are you still treating me like this? What have I done to deserve this?"

Kate then said "Stop stalling and just get into bed." I replied while climbing into bed "Avoiding the subject, are we?" Kate then said "You are really irritating, you know that, right?" I replied "Of course I am. I'm surprised at how long you could handle me before and after the apocalypse." Kate then climbs in and says "Shut up and sleep, or else you won't be able to even walk tomorrow." I replied "Okay, okay."

I eventually fall asleep. I then appear on the field, with the werewolf leader in front of me. There were floating islands around us. The enemy looked terrifying and I could feel his stare into my soul. He then made the first move and ripped me apart, not giving me a chance to fight back. I felt the pain.

I closed my eyes. I then wake up from my nightmare. "It was just a dream. Phew." I said to myself. I then spot Kate still sleeping. I then notice that the sun hasn't come out yet. I check my watch and it's only 4:21am.

I go back to sleep and wake up at 7:00am to get ready. As soon as everyone was ready, we head to our school. Every time we walked closer, more werewolves appeared. We arrived at the school and then right infront of me, the werewolf leader was seen right on the end of the field. I felt the exact same emotions from my dream. It was like I had Deja reve.