Chapter 15

We wake up and get ready to search. As we travel, I practice my abilities in my werewolf form. I stay on guard and protect the group from other werewolves. I started getting the hang of my abilities. Well, kind of.

It is easier for the group to collect food now that I can protect them. As I followed the group back to base, in my werewolf form as my clothes are there. "Bridget" a voice unfamiliar to me spoke. I looked around me. I see the white werewolf. I nudge Kate with my nose.

She looks at me in question. I turn my head to face the white werewolf. She looks where I'm looking at and then makes an excuse to the others so that I can leave. I follow the white werewolf before anyone else sees it. We hide behind a building. "Bridget, I can see you understand me in your werewolf form." the white werewolf said. "I can understand you? Well, that's great news. But why can't I understand the other werewolves?" I ask.

The white werewolf replies "I'm not sure, but you need to listen to me. I need to tell you why you can transform into a werewolf. You're an absorber." I ask "An absorber? But how? I don't understand." The white werewolf answers "You were born from a family of absorbers. My brother has been trying to conquer this dimension for years. The absorbers look human now because they needed to disguise themselves by either copying the mind and physical body of a human or taking their body and mind. My brother found out about this and tried to kill all of them. Two escaped him. He didn't know they had a child and he didn't know I helped them escape. They knew they weren't going to live long so they brought you to an orphanage. The parents you know now aren't your real parents." I couldn't believe my ears. The white werewolf continues "If you haven't guessed, my brother is that werewolf leader you mention. He almost killed you. I am slowly trying to refuse his army but it's not easy. The only way you can defeat him is by completely absorbing his power and learning how to control it. If you can control his power, you can bring all of the humans back in this dimension. You need to stop him now!"

"But I'm not ready to face him. He almost killed me the first time." I said in worry. The white werewolf replies "Then you need to work hard. Copy my power and you can help me reduse his army and save humans. It won't be easy." I then ask "Now how do I do that?" The wolf looked concerned and answered honestly "I was never given the knowledge of how absorbers use their ability. I'm really sorry. Come and find me if you find out how." The white werewolf leaves and I am left alone. I head back to the base and realize that the sun is setting.

I enter the building and they close behind me. They recognize me because of my neon green markings. I head upstairs to the main bedroom and Kate follows me. She closes the door. She heads to the bathroom and closes the door behind her. I transform back into a human and get dressed.

I sit down on the bed and think about what the white werewolf said. I heard a flush and then a minute later, Kate walks out. She notices me sitting there frozen. "Hey, is everything alright." she asked. I replied "I found out that I'm not actually born a human, or from this dimension." Kate was a bit shocked.

She then sat next to me and asked "Well?" I replied "I'm apparently an absorber. I can copy or take powers away from others. The white werewolf spoke to me in my werewolf form. They told me everything. Their brother is the werewolf leader." I explained everything that was said to me. Kate then held my hands. "Well, I never cared about looks or species. You still have a human heart and you feel human, right? You felt human your whole life. What does absorbing power change. What, that you're different? So, what if you're the last absorber? You're still the Bridget I know and love. You have saved me many times and if you didn't, we wouldn't have become best friends so quickly. I would have been dead actually." she said. "Wait, you see us as best friends?" I asked.

She nods her head. I started tearing up. "That really means a lot to me." I said while crying. She hugs me and doesn't say anything. We get interrupted by the door opening. "Sorry for interrupting, but we have a problem..."