Chapter 14

I wake up next to Kate. She looked so peaceful when she sleeps. I get out of bed, making sure I don't wake Kate up. She's been quite busy looking after me yesterday. I wonder how everyone is taking the 'Bridget's a werewolf' thing. I head to the bathroom and close the door.

I switch on the shower and get undressed. I feel the water and it's just the right temperature. I climb in and scrub off all the medical stuff still stuck on me. Shit, that reminds me. Kate saw me naked two days ago. I feel incredibly embarrassed. She must be really disgusted with me.

How can she still help me? Even after I've become a burden to her? I wish my clothes didn't tear when I transform, so that I can't be a burden to her. There's no chance she likes me back because of my transformation. Wait, I do remember that she said that she thinks my werewolf transformation is cool. Maybe she was just kind to me.

I continue to shower and wash my hair. I finish and climb out. I dry myself and get dressed. I leave the bathroom and hear Kate coughing. "You're sick, aren't you?" I asked her. "I'll be fine. It's just a cold." she said.

"Why don't you take a shower? It might help. I'll get medicine out of my bag when you're done." I replied. "Alright Bridge." Kate said, sighing as she heads to the bathroom. I look in my bag and find the cough syrup. I also look for medicine for colds. I find what I need and read the instructions on the bottles as I wait for Kate. I then look for the medicine spoon.

Kate comes out with a towel covering her and said "Turns out I do need medicine. I'm feeling a bit tired." I notice she's not feeling well and I help her on the bed. "Sorry for making you go shower. It probably wasn't a good idea." I said, apologizing. "Hey, I didn't know how bad it was going to be." Kate said in response. I blushed after I realised she's only wearing a towel. I looked away and got the medicine ready.

I gave her the medicine and she took it. I then left as she rested. I closed the door and saw that Oliver and Tyler frozen in the hallway. "What's up with you guys?" I asked. Oliver said "Well, I remember Jacob telling me in school that Kate gets crazy when she's sick. She's sick now, isn't she?" I reply "What do you mean by crazy?"

He then whispers in my ear "Apparently she becomes lovable." I laugh in response. "Kate? Lovable? Since when?" Oliver and Tyler share a look of concern. "Good luck." Oliver said. I watched them get ready and leave with Jacob outside.

They were going to search for more resources. "Be safe and good luck!" I told them. Oliver and Tyler appreciated it but Jacob just ignored me. I watched them leave. I make breakfast for Kate and head upstairs. I notice that she's falling off the bed.

I put down the food and help her up. She giggled and said "Wow, you're strong, Bridge. Can I feel those biceps?" I hesitate and respond "Not now, you need to eat." She frowned but then hugged me. "But I don't feel hungry." she said. "Eating is good for you." I replied.

She doesn't eat her food so I fed her. I can't believe she's like this when she's sick. I take the plate back down to the kitchen and head back up again. Kate is not on the bed. She then shouts in the bathroom. "Help, I fell in the shower."

I walk into the bathroom and blush for a bit. I shake my head and take a towel. I cover Kate and help her up. "You need to rest. What are you doing in the shower?" Kate replied "I need to shower." I said "But you can shower when you feel better. You can hardly walk right now."

Kate moaned but then accepted it. "Fine." she said. "Alright good." I replied. I was about to leave but then Kate stopped me by holding my wrist. "Can you please stay? I don't want to be alone." she says. "Sure." I said as I lay next to her.

She coughed like crazy. I stayed there until she eventually fell asleep. Today took a lot of energy from me. I started falling asleep as well. I woke up later by Oliver. "Hey Bridget. Wake up." he said.

I sit up and rub my eyes. "What's the emergency?" He replies "Well, it seems like you took care of her. We arrived a couple hours ago. It's night time. Kate is making dinner for everyone. It's almost ready." I ask "She's feeling better already?" Oliver then says "Kate said that the medicine you gave her worked fast." I replied "Well, that's good."

Shit, Kate is gonna kill me for what happened in the shower earlier today. I should probably just suck it up and get the punishment. I shouldn't have looked at her when she was vulnerable in the shower. I should have just done it with my eyes closed. I'm going to mentally prepare myself for what I'm about to face.

I head downstairs with Oliver as everyone eats the cooked food. We have a mini gas stove but it won't last long. We all enjoy our food. The only one who didn't eat with us is Jacob. He ate in his room. "I wonder what Jacob's problem is with me."

Everyone showed a gesture saying they don't know. I sigh and continue eating. We finish eating and we all head back to our rooms. Kate closes the door behind me. "Bridge, I'm really sorry for how I acted when I was sick. I didn't mean to expose myself like that and give you trouble. It's alright if you don't feel like being around me anymore." she said. "Wait, I thought you were going to kill me because I saw you naked." I said.

I spotted Kate blush from embarrassment. She hid her face and sat down on the bed, with her head facing away from me. "Shit, I messed up didn't I?" Kate asked. I responded "N-no, it's not that. You weren't yourself. It happens. And besides, I owe you since you helped me in embarrassing moments of my own." She looks at me and asks "So, we're cool?" I nod in agreement.

She smiles and says "Thank you." I reply "No problem. And if it would make you feel better, we won't mention this around the boys." Kate replies "What would I do without you?" I replied "I don't know what I'd do without you either." She laughs and says "Okay, I see your point. Let's get some sleep now." I respond "Alright. Good night."