Chapter 11

You're probably thinking that we're going to find a whole pack of wolves and kick their butts. That's not always the case. "But Bridget, you're still alive." Yes, I am, though I don't want to spoil how I'm still alive. Let me continue the story so you can see what what situation I'm in.

I am pinned down on the floor by the werewolf leader. I have multiple bite marks and claw marks, and my clothes are all torn. I get a glance of Katie and Oliver getting cornered by the other werewolves. It looks like they haven't seen me fight as they were too busy protecting themselves. I try to transform again but my body is extremely numb and paining. I felt weak.

The leader opened his mouth and said in a deep and rough tone "It's time for you to die. Whatever you are, you shouldn't exist." I try to escape his painful grip but he chokes me even harder. I could hardly breathe. I started losing consciousness then heard a motor bike. The werewolf leader let me go once my eyes closed, thinking he killed me. I hear yelling and then lose consciousness.

I wake up back in the building we were surviving in. I try to get out of the bed but my body was in pain. I notice I have bandages covering my whole body. Katie enters the room and places me back on the bed. "You should stay in bed." she said. "What happened? How are we alive?" I asked.

"Jacob came with another survivor and they helped us. He's downstairs with the survivor and Oliver." Katie said. I then ask "Wait, do they know about me?" She replies "No, they don't know. They haven't seen you transform. They believed me when I said that the werewolf leader stripped you down. Don't worry, they didn't see your marking. I also bandaged you up, as you can see. You're luckily Jacob came in time." I continue to ask questions to Katie and she didn't seem to mind answering. "Thank you for doing your best to keep my secret safe." I said to her.

She smiled and said "Your welcome. On a scale from 1-10, how bad is the pain?" I replied with a simple "9." She then looked at me concerned "You did take quite the beating yesterday. You need to rest. Later today I'll check on the injuries again." That reminded me that she looked after my wounds. I notice her oversized hoodie was covered with blood. "Did you use the hoodie to cover me?"

She nodded in response and said "Yeah, I did because you were naked. Luckily it could cover the main parts." I spot her winking at me after talking. I felt awful for being a burden to her. I risk my life and she looks after my injuries. By putting in the effort to keep my secret is a huge deed she did. She's done so much for me.

Wait, I can't be catching feelings for her, am I? I wouldn't blame myself for doing so. She's an amazing person. Bridget focus, she's right infront of you. I didn't notice how pretty she was. I mean, I did but I didn't focus to much on her looks.

Shit Bridget. Get your shit together. "Is everything okay?" Katie asked. I replied "Yeah, just thinking about how embarrassing it is to look after an irresponsible girl like me. Especially when I'm naked. And I stained your hoodie. I'm such a mess." Katie put her hand on my shoulder lightly, making sure she doesn't touch the sensitive wound. "Hey, this whole transformation thing is gonna take some getting used to, like the naked thing, but I will help where I can. And we're surviving in a werewolf apocalypse. Who gives a fuck about dirty stained clothes when you have to survive? There are more important things than dirty clothes. Like looking after you, and vise versa."

I smile at her. Yep, I'm definitely falling for her. "Thanks for everything Katie." Katie smiled and said "That's what friends are for, right?" I asked in shock "Wait, we're friends?" Katie smiled and said "Of course. You can even call me Kate if you want."

I smile and respond "That would be nice actually, and you can call me Bridge if you want." Kate then said "Sure Bridge. Though it sounds weird when I say it. I'll use it. Just not all the time." I replied "Sounds good to me." Kate then stands up and says "I have to tell the others you're awake. I'll come back. Would you like anything?" I think for a few seconds and then answer "May you please get a glass of water for me?" She nods and heads out of the room.

I look up at the ceiling and think to myself. I then cringe at the fact that she saw me naked every time I had to transform infront of her. I use a pillow to cover my face and I moan in cringe. She saw every detail when she took care of my injuries. She probably thinks the mole on my tail bone is weird. Or she might make fun of me.

I guess I just rest while I wait for Kate to come back. I wait for half an hour until Kate walks back into the room with a glass of water. "Sorry for taking so long. Here's your water." I take the glass and ask "So, what happened down there?" I sip as she talks "Well, we got into a bit of an argument. The group has decided to go searching for food. Someone needed to stay here to look after you. I pursued them to only let me stay with you while they search." I swallow the water and reply "I see. I guess it would be best if it were like that. I mean, if you search in a big group, you can protect each other if something happens. And you staying here would be best because you're the only one that knows that I can change into a werewolf and back into a human."

"Yeah, well. The group just left. I'm probably gonna sit here. Help you and keep you company." she said. "I guess. I'm not even sure how to take the bandages off." I said laughing. She chuckles softly. "Well, that's concerning." she said.