Chapter 8 ~ go with the flow ~

Phil reclined on the sofa in Chit's office as his superior handled a call with the people of a VVIP who needed security this weekend at a big event.

"yep, don't worry I'll send my best men, yep six, got it" Chit said ending the call and sighing before looking over at Phil and continuing,

"so, what's up, to what do I owe this pleasure first thing on a morning" 

"this fucking living with Tan shit, it's not working out Chit"

"are you guys still bitching at each other?" Chit asked.

"well, not exactly" Phil rubbed his temples as he tried to think of how to phrase the issue.

"so what's going on?" Chit prompted him.

"I fucking kissed him" Phil said.

"yeah? and?" Chit replied.

"I think you're missing the point boss, we should put some distance between us, not get closer"

"why?" Chit asked.

"it's a distraction I don't need for a start ..."

"well there's that but what's the real reason" Chit asked.

"I was getting along fine, doing ok then you push this kid at me, fucking smelling all pretty and shit, I don't want him around me for the next several weeks, I can't ..."

"you want him" Chit said not asking but stating a fact before asking,

"and how does he feel about it?"

"how the hell should I know? Phil answered.

"well, did he kiss you back or punch you?" Chit asked then watched as Phil's face turned red,

"ah so he kissed you back, so what's the problem, you're both adults?"

"he deserves more than just a fling and I would want more than that too but he deserves better than a guy like me"

"why, what's wrong with you?, from what I've seen, you're a hard worker, you're dependable, reliable, you've single handedly raised your brother ..."

"how'd you know about that?" Phil asked.

"I make it my business to know who I'm working with, I need to trust who has my back" Chit said.

"I understand now why KJ brought you in, you know I resented you at first, you stole the job I was aiming for" Phil said being honest.

"sorry man, it wasn't personal, I just got offered a job and I accepted it, I didn't know I'd be standing on anybody's toes" Chit said.

"no worries, it is what it is, at least I feel better getting it off my chest but back to Tan, is there no one else who can watch over him?" Phil asked.

"we're pretty stretched right now Phil, I guess I could always put him with Richie" Chit bluffed.

"no fucking way, I don't want that devious flirty bastard anywhere near Tan" Phil shouted.

Chit smiled and leaned back in his chair, 

"seems to me you've got it bad bro' I suggest you stop worrying and just go with the flow, I understand how you feel because I went through it myself with my baby and it hurt like crazy especially when I saw him being close with other people"

"we should go out for a drink sometime, you can tell me more" Phil said.

"I've got a better idea, Tan is friends with Paitoon, why don't we all go out together, I'll ask my baby to set it up" Chit said.