Chapter 12 ~ misunderstanding ~

Phil was heading down to the car park when he received a call from Chit,

"yes boss, what's up?" Phil said when he picked up the call.

"I'm going to need you to come back later, you've got an hour to go home and freshen up" Chit replied.

"ok, see you soon" Phil said.

"yep, don't tell anyone, just say you have paperwork to catch up on if you need to explain" Chit said.

"understood" Phil said ending the call.

He had a pretty good idea what it was all about but until he saw Chit later he could only speculate. Reaching the ground floor he made his way out to the car park to see Tan leaning against his car, his head averted to avoid recognition.

"hey Tan, sorry to keep you waiting" Phil smiled as Tan lifted his head.

"hi Phil, that's ok I wasn't waiting long, I had to go to the laundry department and I wrote a few autographs, I promised them all selfies on my last day" Tan laughed.

"why on your last day?" Phil asked.

"can you imagine the chaos if they all posted the pictures on their social media, the company would be swarming with journalists and fans" Tan replied.

"ah right" Phil said before opening the door for Tan to get in.

Phil climbed in behind the wheel and put the key in the ignition,

"I'm just dropping you off at home Tan, I have more work to finish up" he said.

"you have to come back? I could have stayed with you" Tan replied.

"that's ok, I don't know how long I'll be ... maybe it would be better if I just went back to my place tonight because it might be quite late when I'm done?" Phil added

"I guess you should do whatever you think is best" Tan said feeling a little down.

Tan asked if he could turn on some music and Phil nodded, he didn't really feel like talking now. He was aching and tired but he had been looking forward to cooking for Phil tonight, was it because he'd fallen asleep last night?

Phil didn't notice how quiet Tan had become, he was too busy thinking about what Chit needed him there for. It took twenty minutes to drive Tan back to his apartment, it would take another twenty to drive back to the office.

Phil wouldn't have time to go to his place and freshen up but not to worry, he would grab some take out and head back. He noticed that Tan looked a bit down as he climbed out of the car but he didn't connect the dots.

"I'll pick you up in the morning, yeah" Phil said.

"are you sure, I can just as easily call my driver, it's not fair to keep expecting you to taxi me around" Tan said.

"I don't mind Tan, I wouldn't offer to do it if I did" Phil said.

Tan nodded and said goodbye before shutting the car door and Phil watched him walk towards the elevator then after he entered it he turned around and leaned over to press the button. Just as the doors closed he saw Tan look across at him, a forced smile on his face.

Phil felt like something was wrong with Tan but he couldn't focus on that right now, he had to get back to work, he decided he would talk to Tan tomorrow.

After stopping for take out Phil went back to the company and made his way up to Chit's office. He knocked lightly before going inside and when he saw Chit he held up the bag of take out.